PDA

View Full Version : FogBugz question

DrStrik9
10-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I joined the LW 9.6.1 Open Beta program, downloaded it, installed it, registered it, got my new license key working (for 60 days), configured it, and almost instantly encountered a crash in Modeler.

So ... I went to the link provided by Chuck in his "NewTek Discussions > LightWave 3D Support > LW - Mac > Bug Report and Feature Request System Instructions > NewTek 's FogBugz Web Form" for reporting bugs. I can apparently start a new case, but I am unable to either "log on" OR "register" so I can log on in the future.

Is this something handled by NewTek Customer Service, along with allowing me access to the Open Beta discussions (which I also don't have yet, since I only got into the Open Beta today), or is it even necessary to Register with FogBugz to participate adequately in reporting bugs for the 9.6.1 Open Beta?

Thanks for clearing these things up for me ...

Silkrooster
10-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I joined the LW 9.6.1 Open Beta program, downloaded it, installed it, registered it, got my new license key working (for 60 days), configured it, and almost instantly encountered a crash in Modeler.

So ... I went to the link provided by Chuck in his "NewTek Discussions > LightWave 3D Support > LW - Mac > Bug Report and Feature Request System Instructions > NewTek 's FogBugz Web Form" for reporting bugs. I can apparently start a new case, but I am unable to either "log on" OR "register" so I can log on in the future.

Is this something handled by NewTek Customer Service, along with allowing me access to the Open Beta discussions (which I also don't have yet, since I only got into the Open Beta today), or is it even necessary to Register with FogBugz to participate adequately in reporting bugs for the 9.6.1 Open Beta?

Thanks for clearing these things up for me ...

You don't need to. They never got around to removing the log in prompts.

DrStrik9
10-23-2009, 01:28 AM
You don't need to. They never got around to removing the log in prompts.

Yeah that makes sense. When it comes to evaluating what's plopped in front of me, I guess I'm naturally programmed to test capabilities. It's probably a mental sickness. For your sake I hope it's not catching. I'm going to take a nice nap now.