PDA

View Full Version : Noise in audio from back output

gewoonjoost
10-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

We are using the VT5 system for a few months and have been able to solve all of our earlier problems by searching this forum. But I can't find any solution to this new problem we are experiencing. So I hope there is someone here who can help us with the following problem.

With our system the back output has a lot of audio noise. The front output is perfect, but all the connections with back output are noisy. We tried the XLR and RCA connection on the SX-84 and the jack connection on the VT5 pc card, but they all have the same noise. Even if all the faders are closed or when no audio is routed to the back outputs at all. As soon as the VT5 software is started, the noise starts.

Is this normal for this system, or is just it our configuration?

Thanks,
Joost

(my apologies if there already is a topic for this problem, but it wasn't easy to search the forum because there seems to be some kind of problem with the keyword 'back')

silverfox161255
10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
We gave up with the xlr audio outs on the bob. No matter what we did we had a high noise floor. In the end we installed an ad/da for the frount inputs and now dont use any of the audio from the bob. Also when we a recoding we make certian we mute the bob inputs on the mixer to stop the computer hash noise.
Steve