PDA

View Full Version : Fractal Landscape generator/texture in 8

ben martin
08-30-2003, 10:01 AM
What I would love to see on 8?
Easy!

A Fractal Landscape generator/texture function to achieve Landscapes so easily as Terragen or Mojoworld does!

That fractal option could be full integrated in the SURFACE EDITOR.
Imagine rendering landscapes like Mojoworld or Terragen offers with fractal parameters in polygon modeler made landscape!
I know that with the actual Lightwave and a lot of texturing work is possible to reach something near but it demands some smart texturing work that Mojoworld and Terragen does not require, hey, why not make it so simple?

Imagine those landscapes quality (fractal) and the endless possibility to animate objects on it!!
See attached images_extracted from Renderosity Gallery:
Hillrunner(Terragen) and Duris(Mojoworld)

What a giant step to NEWTEK it would be!!

Dodgy
08-30-2003, 11:35 AM
http://amber.rc.arizona.edu/lw/texturescape.html

try this for now, it's very useful :)

Alliante
09-03-2003, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't mind better landscape texture tools as well, Terragen makes quick, simple ways to make easy terrain.

My only complaint is that I cant import the textures from Terragen into Lightwave :-)

stephen2002
09-05-2003, 11:28 AM
So just use Terragen/MojoWorld. They do have export functions. I realise that it can be hard to get the texture data across in enough detail but it is doable; espeically if you just scrap the textures created in the landscape genereator and create your own procedural textures in LW.

My only complaint is that I cant import the textures from Terragen into Lightwave :-)

There is a trick doing this. Put the camera in the middle of your landscape, point it straight down, and set it to maxium zoom. Then move the camerea up untile the whole terrain is in view and render an image; your texture is now exported complete with the shadows. If you don't want the shadows put the sun pointing straight down as well.

ben martin
09-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Hi Stephen,

Thatís a way to do it, but then you are compelled to buy a 3rd part software.

The issue here is to get it all in one application (Lightwave).
If you can take a quick look on e-on software site (Vue díEsprit) youíll find that they are solving all those landscape issues with a new version of theirs software called Vue d'Eíprit 4 Professional.
With that you can animate all nature elements including trees in the wind, grass and so on.
You can also import/export camera paths to future composite sync with other 3D software.
You can even import Lightwave/Poser 5 fully textured objects/models into Vue dí Esprit.

We all know that there are other 3rd part software solutions but that means out of Lightwave features.
Like SKYTRACER I think it would be a great idea to bring a Landscape Generator/modeler into Lightwave. Then the Skytracer/Landscape environment set would be fully complete.

Cheers.

Ben Martin