PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6.1 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 21 Oct 2009

Chuck
10-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.1: As noted last week, LightWave 3D v9.6.1 Open Beta Build 1545 is now in Registration for download, and the 1545 Build Notes are posted in the NewTek Announcements section of the LightWave Open Beta forums.

The Open Beta forums are now busy with folks testing and reporting issues, and if you have not signed up for Open Beta and would like to join in, just log into Registration and look for the banner inviting you to sign up for Open Beta. If you have signed up, please note that it may take a couple of working days for Customer Services to get your forum access set for Open Beta. If it has been several working days and you have not yet gotten access on the forum to the Open Beta sections, please email cs (at) newtek (dot) come to request that they get your forum status set.

Work continues on tuning up the Cocoa implementation of LightWave 3D, including behaviors and performance of the UI, performance of the audio support, and working with Worley Labs on the issues with UI blanking when running under Snow Leopard. The team is in San Antonio in meetings this week, so very likely it will be next week before the second Open Beta Build is released.

That's it for this week!

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

rknuckalls
10-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi Chuck. It's been two days since I registered, and I still can't login to OB (nor even find it)

Thanks for this stuff, btw.

Chuck
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Please note that it may take a couple of working days for Customer Services to get your forum access set for Open Beta. If it has been several working days and you have not yet gotten access on the forum to the Open Beta sections, please email cs (at) newtek (dot) come to request that they get your forum status set.

Fictive-Studios
10-24-2009, 02:27 PM
it's been a week and i cant see the forum
i emailed the customer service and they asked for my forum ID
it's been now 4 days
and i still can't see it

Kuzey
10-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Have you tried logging out and then logging back in...maybe use a different browser if that doesn't work...just to be sure.

Kuzey

Fictive-Studios
10-24-2009, 02:49 PM
yup
logged out + deleted the cookies + different browser + different computer
nothing works

SpawnSP
10-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Hi all

Just a small question. DP_Kit and DP_Light still don't work on Mac UB 64 bit, right? I suppose that they need to be recompiled or something.

You never know how necessary are those plugins until they're missing ;)

Chuck
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi all

Just a small question. DP_Kit and DP_Light still don't work on Mac UB 64 bit, right? I suppose that they need to be recompiled or something.

You never know how necessary are those plugins until they're missing ;)

32-bit plugins will not work with the 64-bit Mac build. They would need to be recompiled as 64-bit plugins, and may also need some changes to account for the changeover from Carbon to Cocoa.

rmendoza
10-29-2009, 02:23 PM
it's been a week and i cant see the forum
i emailed the customer service and they asked for my forum ID
it's been now 4 days
and i still can't see it

Hello but I believe this problem has been resolved correct? If not let me know and I can be of assistance to you! Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ricky Mendoza
NewTek Customer Service
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm CST
Telephone: (US) 1-800-862-7837
(Outside US) +1-210-370-8000
Fax: 210-370-8001 24-hrs day