PDA

View Full Version : Sony E Reader PRS-505S

Ideas Unlimited
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Had a bit of spare time so had a go at modelling the Sony E-Reader. It's a vast difference from the usual type of models I usually do all poly's no subpatch and no robots :D

Thanks

Ideas Unlimited
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Wireframe

colkai
10-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Very clean model. Just so happens I recently bought one of these little beauties. :)
Looks grand to me, love the cover too.

Fictive-Studios
10-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Very nice model
do you own a sony e-reader ?
is it good ?

because i bought Merlin E-Reader Book
and it was a waste of money

i loaded a 5 pages PDF file in that reader and it took
8 minutes to open the file and see it in the reader, also 25 seconds to move from
page to page.
how is the sony with you ?

do you think LW manuals can be easily viewed from the sony ?

= )

colkai
10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
I've got many books on it - it's great for me

Ideas Unlimited
10-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the comments, yes I'm the same, have one and can't put it down. I've put a few pdf files on it and its fine. I have transfered my camera manual to it, a few CGChosen Magazines all pdf :thumbsup:

gordonrobb
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I got one christmas last year, and it brought me back to reading.

Excellent modelling there. thought I had said that before.

Iain
10-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Very nice model-just a tiny bit of faceting on the close up shots.

I'm usually all for progress when it comes to technology but I hate these things. I'm sure I'll stop buying CDs at some point but I hope I'll always buy books.

These things are like drinking beer from plastic cups.

Fictive-Studios
10-24-2009, 02:51 PM
so what do u suggest guys ?

PRS 505 or 700 ?
which one is faster in terms of browsing the books and roaming from page to page

opensource
10-25-2009, 05:19 PM
so what do u suggest guys ?

PRS 505 or 700 ?
which one is faster in terms of browsing the books and roaming from page to page

who cares , no offence but seriously google the specs ,the dude posted his work to show off his skills ! not indulge about what has the most RAM .

IMAGE 1) sweet love the render
Image 2) sharp -under the volume is rather jagged "maybe browser or AA" but still sweet and clean .

image 3) power text looks funky!
image 4)got a little noise
image 5)would make me buy one !

nice work
don't know about you but I would make the SD card made by Sony ,even though you can get one from e-bay for $6 :)
Chow4now

Fictive-Studios
10-26-2009, 03:57 AM
all the websites doesn't have a good review about the device
they are all the same
they just talk about how the 700 is touch screen
and how the 505 is popular
nobody mentioned anything about the speed of the device :) so i thought i would ask one who got the device itself

I Care .. ^^ and i didn't say anything about his skills
actually i liked the renders alot that it made me wanna buy the 505

kvanover
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
I have a 700 and it's pretty nice, the touch screen is cool but it comes with a price, the glass is a bit foggy and isn't a crisp as the 505. It has lights built in as well. It's quick on the page flip and reads just about any document I throw at it. I've played with a few 505's and I really like the text better on them, so if I had the choice to buy one over I'd probably go with the 505. It's a bit slower and has no built in lights, but I think I'd rather have the cleaner screen.

colkai
11-03-2009, 02:41 AM
who cares , no offence but seriously google the specs ,the dude posted his work to show off his skills ! not indulge about what has the most RAM .

Umm, bit harsh that mate, tone it down a bit, it was after all a simple question.

Fictive-Studios:
My guess is the 700 would be faster, I have the 505 but to be honest, it's not that big of a hassle on page changes, only a second or two tops, which is about what it would take me to turn over a page of a book anyway.

I'm more than happy with the 505, if I had the money, I may have gone for the larger screen, but it is far from critical.