PDA

View Full Version : cant get mac version to see license key

jm gruninger
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm swapping from pc to mac pro and i've just downloaded the mac 9.6 universal binaries and have installed them by dragging the folder into the applications folder. the dongle is in the mac. i start up lightwave and go to help ,enter the license key, light wave accepts the key and tells me to restart. On restart it tells me there is no license key. If i go to users/myname/library/preferences\lightwave9.6 the license .key file does contain the correct key. i'm new to mac so really don't have a clue anyone know whats up ?
cheers Marc

Yamba
10-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey Marc,

Having gone through one drama after another with Lic Keys and where to house them for my various versions of Lightwave I can understand how you feel.

One suggestion I can offer may be to open your existing Lic key file (users/myname/library/preferences\lightwave9.6 the license.key) with TextEdit, paste in the correct Lic. No. then save the corrected file into your SharedSupport folder contained within your Lightwave3D 9.6UB folder.

This is the configuration I'm using and it works for me.

Let us know how you get on.

Shane

jm gruninger
10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
thanks for replying, its still the same . just a thought, the license key i'm using is the one that works with the pc binaries, i took if from the programs folder, i wonder if the mac ub is a different one.

Otterman
10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Yep it is-uv gotta look in your registration page on the newtek site and register the mac version for a new licence key number

eblu
10-20-2009, 09:25 AM
put the license key file Into :
/Lightwave3dApplicationFolder/SharedSupport/

and try launching LW.
this covers the possibility that another license is canceling out the correct one.

how it works: Lightwave apparently looks in the sharedSupport folder FIRST before checking the preference folder for a license. its a "cascading" system.

jm gruninger
10-20-2009, 02:41 PM
that was it, i needed to register the mac binaries and get a new license key. it works now thanks everyone
Marc