PDA

View Full Version : FREE Class - Illustration: Sketching Concepts and Cartoons

kurv
10-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Illustration: Sketching Concepts and Cartoons

In this free training session by Ian Thompson we are covering Sketching Concepts and Cartoons. This is a 2+ hour free session.

Ian will start off showing you how to learn the trade and illustrating that it is not about how talented you are but how good you are at techniques.

Then Ian will cover what software he uses to draw, from Paper to PSD he will cover several different techniques.

Then we will move on to putting your ideas on paper, the what and hows of good sketching rules. From stick men to figures and characters Ian will help you visualize your ideas and realize your passion

The next part of this training covers speed sketching concepts and how this creative concept can help you push your work.

The last part of the training covers Cartoon Character concepts from simplicity to speed - personality and expressions. In this section Ian will show you how to give your characters style, and personality.

About Ian Thompson
Ian Thompson is an accomplished self taught 2D / 3D Freelance artist from the UK. After a few years teaching at Universities he has spent the majority of his career in the 2D realm where he produced Cartoons and Characters for clients, he has since crossed over tentatively to 3D. He is proficient in not only Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchBook Pro, Painter and LightWave 3D, but he is also continually exploring the creative process itself, mixing 2D and 3D to create unique visuals.

Being proficient in software is slowly becoming the norm with all training available out there. Ian and KURV studios are working together on a special series, which explores both 2D and 3D techniques to help you generate and develop ideas using tools, which you may of, overlooked in the past.

You can view more of Ian’s work on his web site, www.draw-it.co.uk.

Title: Illustration: Sketching Concepts and Cartoons
Date: Monday, October 19, 2009
Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/973235218

biliousfrog
10-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Are these webinars ever available to download as they always seem to be at an awkward time for me.

h2oStudios
10-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Are these webinars ever available to download as they always seem to be at an awkward time for me.

:agree:
It would be really great to be able to Dl these, as I also won't be able to view these either.

bjornkn
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Why is it so hard for you US guys to tell us time in UTM/GMT ?
I have no idea what zone CDT is. It's not on my "zone map" as far as i can tell, but I guess it's CST with daylight saving?.
I guess we all know our own +/- vs UTM?

shrox
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
I have no idea what zone CDT is. It's not on my "zone map" as far as i can tell, but I guess it's CST with daylight saving?.

I am -7:00 in Colorado, USA.

Shnoze Shmon
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Another vote for d/l because I too could never make that time and it might be beneficial to take it in segments as well.

Because we hate converting. Which is why some of us will fight the metric system to the bloody, gory, inch by inch, end.

BINGO!!!! We have a winner! Now don't ask what daylight savings time is. We don't know, we don't wanna know, it's something the government did, and is doing more of it, so it must be bad for the average Joe. But our congress got another raise while tanking the economy so the daylight conspiracy is low on our priorities list.

What is that? Another conversion! More of the metric system! Around here we shoot what we don't recognize...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

That'll learn ya!

kurv
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry about the time zone, I always try to catch that and change it to CST as thats the time zone were in. I am not sure why the webinar system changes it to CDT. However when I asked them, they said to look at my windows task bar, date and time and guess what, they call us CDT as well. Weird.

So CST. You can convert the time at Google. :)

Yes we will have it for viewing later on VFXCast.

Thanks guys, Ian's class will be amazing tomorrow, hope you can make it!

h2oStudios
10-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Yes we will have it for viewing later on VFXCast.

Thanks guys, Ian's class will be amazing tomorrow, hope you can make it!

Right on.:thumbsup:

h2oStudios
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
OT -

What is that? Another conversion! More of the metric system! Around here we shoot what we don't recognize...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!...

That'll learn ya!

You mean the UTM - Universal Transverse Mercator? Um, buddy, that was largely implemented by the US (among others during WWII) like something over 60 years ago, LOL. So don't shoot off your own foot there... Pilgrim.

bjornkn
10-19-2009, 01:46 AM
Sorry about the time zone, I always try to catch that and change it to CST as thats the time zone were in. I am not sure why the webinar system changes it to CDT. However when I asked them, they said to look at my windows task bar, date and time and guess what, they call us CDT as well. Weird.

So CST. You can convert the time at Google. :)
Sure, but by using UTC/GMT there would be no confusion at all. UTC doesn't operate with daylight saving time neither. Then you could put local time CST, CDT, R11S or whatever in parantheses?
A global event should use global time IMO.

BTW, if it was metric there wouldn't be 24 hours in a day, but 10 or 100, instead of 2 dozen ;)

Shnoze Shmon
10-19-2009, 05:24 AM
OT -
You mean the UTM - Universal Transverse Mercator? Um, buddy, that was largely implemented by the US (among others during WWII) like something over 60 years ago, LOL. So don't shoot off your own foot there... Pilgrim.

AHHH! Another government conspiracy!

BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... BLAM!... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK... CLICK...

:eek:
Dadgum ammo shortage!

Boris Goreta
10-20-2009, 05:12 PM
There is a link in an email to put the event in your Outlook if you have it. Then you can go to Outlook and see exactly when the Webinar starts not worrying about any time zones. I don't have a clue when it starts otherwise.

I liked this webinar a lot and this type of thing in general. It is a great way to learn new things.