PDA

View Full Version : PRGM Video stuttering/shuttering when preview/alpha output enabled

emg2919
10-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Ok, here is my system:

Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, SP1
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 3.00GHz
4GB RAM
NewTek Video Toaster 5 build 071012
EVGA E179 motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

Here is my problem, when preview/alpha output is enabled, the program video stutters/shutters along on the output. When it is disabled, it works perfectly. Except obviosly for the fact that there is no preview output, just on the preview monitor within VT5.

Has anyone else seen this or fixed this issue? Called newtek support, first guy told me to switch PCI latency to 128. (it was set at 32, fyi). That didnt do anything.

Next call the guy said to swap PCI slots with the VT card, so we did that and it got worse. We put everything back to it's original state and it is still acting the same way. Any ideas? We have 4 of these systems and this is the only one acting up, and we know our way around them quite well. It should be mentioned that the other systems are running ABIT motherboards and windows XP pro.

Thanks for any and all input.

SBowie
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Check the front side bus speed for the motherboard. You will get that if it is too low (under 800, I think).

mdbruijn64
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM
We checked, the front side bus speed for the motherboard and it is 1666 so that should not be the problem. Do you have any other suggestions? We reloaded XP and the problem is the same as when running Vista.
Thanks,