PDA

View Full Version : Space Stairs

author
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Good space boys and girls take the SPACE stairs instead of the space elevator. This gives them healthy exercise and saves the energy it takes to pull that big old elevator up out of Earth's gravity well.

--Ralph

stevecullum
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Interesting idea, although perhaps a few rest areas would be needed along the way. ;)

zapper1998
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
rest areas with a full bar and massage would be nice to ... :)
cool pic .. :)

Shnoze Shmon
10-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Great! They die of a heart attack, but at least they died healthy.:D

AdamAvenali
10-16-2009, 06:18 AM
so, the question is, what country does the stair start in? :D seems to me it might be somewhere in the pacific ocean right now. fun idea :thumbsup:

author
10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
so, the question is, what country does the stair start in? :D seems to me it might be somewhere in the pacific ocean right now. fun idea :thumbsup:

Bora Bora, man. Paradise! So nice you never want to leave it, which explains why no one's on the stairs. :D

--Ralph

LazyCoder
10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
To get down the fast way, you just jump down the middle of the stairs. If you're off by a few degrees though... SMACK!

OnlineRender
10-17-2009, 04:22 AM
you need a fire pole like ghostbusters just incase of an emergency :P nice concept .needs fine tuned ,too much space dust around earth clutters the picture alittle In my opp . I would defo work more on the project if I had time , you have the core concept just needs that little bit more attention to detail and it you could be onto a winner .

Peace

Edit you need a chair lift and a smoking area :)

Shnoze Shmon
10-17-2009, 08:44 AM
WARNING! These stairs do not meet with American Disability Act standards. New construction is required to meet ADA requirements which specify a maximum 1:12 slope.

After all we don't want all those wheelchair bound people missing out on the suicide climb.:devil:

author
10-18-2009, 09:19 AM
WARNING! These stairs do not meet with American Disability Act standards. New construction is required to meet ADA requirements which specify a maximum 1:12 slope.

After all we don't want all those wheelchair bound people missing out on the suicide climb.:devil:

Wheelchair bound folk can take the ramp (not show in picture). They should, however, have good brakes. :D

--Ralph

Bill Carey
11-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Let's see, assuming 100mm per step ascension, that's roughly 416, 666,666 steps. Further assuming a nice steady one step per second, which might be aggressive with the landings, you can take 31,557,600 stairs per year. In only 13.2 years you'll get to the top. :)

Serling
11-15-2009, 10:46 PM
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The truth will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

And she's buying a stairway