PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 14 Oct 2009

Chuck
10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.1: LightWave 3D v9.6.1 Open Beta Build 1545 is now in Registration for download, and the 1545 Build Notes are posted in the NewTek Announcements section of the LightWave Open Beta forums. The files for the initial builds will be an archive of folders that you can unzip and place as needed. MIS is still testing the system a bit, so we have not yet posted the public announcement (and don't any of you let a whisper of it out of here, please, other than privately to your fellow Mac LightWavers!).

You will need to get your Open Beta Temporary Key from the Registration system in order to run this Open Beta version of LightWave 3D. As with previous Open Betas, it does not use the permanent v9 key while in beta. When we reach the Release build, it will be changed over to run with the permanent v9 key.

As noted above, no other public notice of the Open Beta Launch has been posted yet, but will be later today. So, you heard it here first, folks! We thought you might enjoy getting a brief headstart on the excitement. :)

That's it for this week!

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

Triodin
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Woo hoo!

*edit*

so excited forgot to say THANKS CHUCK! :D

3dworks
10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
:santa:

Fictive-Studios
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
WOOOOOOW

LW 9.6.1 solved ALOT of problems with me
it even solved the fiberfx problem

but it seems FPrime is not working
maybe because it's beta ?
i really don't know ... it's my first time to try beta version

so the plug-ins won't work ?

and finally thanx alot
:)

Chuck
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
WOOOOOOW

LW 9.6.1 solved ALOT of problems with me
it even solved the fiberfx problem

but it seems FPrime is not working
maybe because it's beta ?
i really don't know ... it's my first time to try beta version

so the plug-ins won't work ?

and finally thanx alot

FPrime 32-bit will not work with the 64-bit LightWave; and waaaaaay down at the bottom of the list are a couple of Known Issues, one of which is that under Snow Leopard the Worley plugins show a blank UI with Cocoa LightWave, and that we're working to get that fixed, hopefully by the next build we provide for v9.6.1OB.

Fictive-Studios
10-14-2009, 01:46 PM
i'm not using snow
also worley plugins are not working
your right

but for the rest ... i'm just impressed
" still testing everything "

thanx alot chuck

raw-m
10-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Hello. Downloaded, copied to application folder and it crashes before it even opens, Modeler/Layout/Hub. I'm on a MacPro (intel) 10.5.8. I've had no issues before.

Any ideas? Thanks.

SpawnSP
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should try to rename the Application Support/Lightwave folder, so it creates a new one...

One strange thing is that it didn't ask me for a new key. It just opened normally, not in discovery mode. Is this normal for the mac version? (And yes, on the title bar says 9.6.1 Mac64)

I've noticed a little improvement on performance when freezing subpatched meshes at render time. But windows version is still much faster... :(

Oh, I forgot. Thanks Chuck!!! :)

raw-m
10-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Restarted, all good. :-)

Chuck
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Folks, remember Open Beta is under NDA. Let's take the bugs and problems discussions to the proper Open Beta discussion section:

Open Beta Mac/Cocoa forum, Build 1545 Thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102881) (Link will not work if you are not signed up for Open Beta or you just signed up and forum access has not been set yet.)

Open Beta Bug Workshop forum (http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=216) (Link will not work if you are not signed up for Open Beta or you just signed up and forum access has not been set yet.)

Fictive-Studios
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Fictive-Studios, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

i signed up earlier today ..

Chuck
10-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Fictive-Studios, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

i signed up earlier today ..

That would come under the "or you just signed up and forum access has not been set yet" part of the notes above. It may take CS staff a couple of days to get the forum status set for you, as noted in the email.

I've copied the posts discussing specific issues in Build 1545 to the appropriate areas of the Open Beta forum. If you don't have access yet, please be patient, and in the meantime please do not post discussions of any Open Beta issues in the public forum sections.

v1u1ant
10-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Chuck, after today i think your head will be swimming around more than mine does after 3 hours of learning German.

OlaHaldor
10-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Allright! :) This is good!

I'll wait until there's some news on FPrime though.

PeteS
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
sooo..SHOULD this be running under Snow leopard? Is that what it is built for?

lwanmtr
10-15-2009, 02:33 PM
This is great! I'm downloading now...
cant wait to crash it making a box spin...lol

seriously though. it's great to finally be getting there :)

3dWannabe
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
sooo..SHOULD this be running under Snow leopard? Is that what it is built for?

10.5.8 can run 64 bit programs. 10.6.1 just has more of the OS running 64 bit.

But, would be nice to know if there will be any differences between running on 10.6.1 and 10.5.8.

---
Also, I see in my NewTek downloads Win32, win64, OSX32 - but no OSX64.

Is there some step I must go thru to have it show up?

Are there instructions for running both 64 and 32 together.

Are the 64 bit plug-ins trickling in? (64-bit plug-ins are a necessity, right?)

lwanmtr
10-16-2009, 02:07 PM
the 64bit for Mac OS is in that Mac OS download. It should have been named 64 or somthing to avoid confusion.

3dWannabe
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I just see a 9.6.dmg when I click on the UB link, and the dates have not been updated on the download page - all show 1/19/2009?

lwanmtr
10-16-2009, 02:24 PM
you need to be in the open beta program to see the open beta files

Fictive-Studios
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
as i recall
it says in the email

( it will take UP to two days until the LW beta forum appear for you )

it's been 5 days and i still can't see this forum chuck
is there something wrong ?

rsfd
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
if you're using cookies to stay logged in, maybe log out of the forums and then log in again can help (will only work, if NewTek has set access to you for the OB-forum in the meantime)

Fictive-Studios
10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
no
still not working

: )

jpsymko1
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I received permission to the beta forum a few days ago. I still can't get in. I don't have privileges. That aside, I also can't use the beta because I'm not sure where to place my license key. I have no Wizard app and the plug-in for layout doesn't seem to work. I also tried placing the license file various folders by hand, but no luck. Where is the file suppose to go?

rsfd
10-20-2009, 05:16 AM
to separate the OB license file from original LW 9.6 license, put it into:
LW9.6.1>SharedSupport

You can create the file manually in TextEdit:
just paste into a new document the correct OB unlock-key, save as plain text file with name "license.key"

And create a Folder named "Preferences" into LW 9.6.1 folder to separate prefs too.

Chuck
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
as i recall
it says in the email

( it will take UP to two days until the LW beta forum appear for you )

it's been 5 days and i still can't see this forum chuck
is there something wrong ?

If you've logged out and logged back in and still cannot see the Open Beta forums at the bottom of the list of forum sections, then you need to contact customer services and let them know of the problem and ask them to please set your status.

u8myshorts
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
The program crashes every time i open, can't get this info and i dont have access to the open beta forum!!!

Chuck
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
The program crashes every time i open, can't get this info and i dont have access to the open beta forum!!!

You need to contact customer services, if the info is not showing up in registration.