PDA

View Full Version : New pricing vue 8

calilifestyle
10-13-2009, 05:54 PM
So it's been announce . so 50 % the cost for all owners o7 vue 7. also you buy vue 7.5 you get vue 8.. i think

lwaddict
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Damn, yer kidding?
Half off of "Maybe It'll Work This Time Please Send More Money"? Really?

I'm in.

clagman
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
From what I can tell from testing, the pre release was already far more stable than 7.5 haha! Downloading 8 right now fully intending on using it in a current project so I'll get back with results if anybody cares.

lwaddict
11-03-2009, 05:32 PM
And another batch of suckers is born.

Maybe it'll even do what they've promised many, many hundreds of dollars ago?

I'm going to continue waiting for the real fanfare...
that AND to see someone claiming it's working oh so well to post actual videos.

You notice how they only post stills or that same (and occasionally added to) old video they've been showing since 5 or 6?

Don't get me wrong...
if it works, I'll eat my hat, shorts, and pants...
and will rush out for my own copy at any price.

clagman
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't classify myself as being a sucker. If I were purchasing my own software I probably wouldn't have invested in something so expensive. I personally did well with hdinstance and tools built into LW.

Having said that, I am glad I do have it at my disposal and I was lucky to get in with all these quick updates (from 7 to 8 rapidly). I feel that it has improved
immensly since I started using it. Yes it will still have some issues, much like Lightwave does. I do feel it has improved enough to use in my pipeline, but that's just me I guess.

People do post videos just not a lot of them (and not here) because it takes consideral investment in time, which is what makes these boards so different from most. I personally would have no use for a still only 3d package.

If it's not for everybody that's ok, I suppose that I've been called sucker etc for using LW for that matter. I'm only posting things for people that are interested not to start an
argument.

lwaddict
11-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to offend...
I tend to toss slang around a little too freely.

I simply meant that I've heard this story before...
over and over again with regards towards Vue and follow it closely since it'd be a dream come true if it'd just work.

They've been claiming forever now that it'd integrate with Lightwave and other packages but all I've seen are static imagery and post after post about how it's not working...
and claims that the big studios are using it and that it works.

Uh...big studios are using whatever works and Vue is mostly used for comping into and not necessarily integrating into any packages. If you read carefully the interviews and even the step by step behind the scenes kind of stuff where Vue is used...you don't really need xSteam or even Infinite to do what they're doing.

Pro would do fine.

Again, sorry if I had you focusing a little too much on my use of "sucker".

clagman
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Your fine, I'm just being ridiculous. Bad day dealing with the CMMI stuff (so frustrating I wouldn't even wish it on the Autodesk folks haha!).

I WILL post any sort of test while the computers are free. So if you have a specific
test in mind, send the file and I'll put it through it's paces. We will all benefit.

lwaddict
11-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Kewl, glad it wasn't just me.

And I know how you feel but I tend to actually wish it on Autodesk since they're one of my 9-5 problems...them and AT&T. LOL.

Ok...
what I'd like to see...
since it'd be the real test...

A full shot with mountains and whatnot in the background, trees and foilage in the foreground...
and an organic model touched up with ZBrush displacements moving around using bones and whatnot.
Camera should be orbiting slowly.

That'd do it for me, but I haven't seen it done without comp work yet.

We already know Vue's the best for environments next to going out and shooting the footage...but we don't all have airplanes huh, LOL.

Thanks in advance if you can pull this off...
I'm not looking for that beautiful T-Rex or anything...
just a displaced, textured, thing moving around in a Vue environment.

If that works, I'd dare to say that placing buildings, cars, planes, etc should be a snap eh?

clagman
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Can you send object? I don't have z or a good rigged character right now.

lwaddict
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Fire me a Private Message with your email addy...
I've got an ugly little zbrush thing you can use,
all boned in Lightwave and ready to go.

It isn't textured much, and it was a plaything to
learn how to get Zbrush and Lightwave integrated
but it'll do the trick and it's sort of funny to see in
motion.