PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Smooth Motion Path

fredeman
08-29-2003, 03:51 PM
I have an object I wanto to move along a path in layout without the speed of the object changing from keyframe to keyframe.

Without tediously making every keyframe exactly the same distance apart there has to be a modifier that makes it ignore the inbetween keys and only pay attention to the velocity using the first and last key only.

I do not want to use modeller to make the path since I want to move my object around in Layout and keyframe it in front of the camera.

I tried the Crusie control Modifier but it makes my object go straight only.

This seems to be something everyone needs to do at some point in time.

I am using LW7.5 and upgraded to LW8 and I am waiting for the release of LW8 this coming month.

Please lets get this discussion rolling.

Thank you,
Scott

munky
08-30-2003, 08:07 AM
hi Scott

If you have $199( I think?) to spare then you could invest in Steve Worleys Polk collection of plugins Which has pretty much what you need in the form of a plugin called Speed Limit which is a motion plugin which forces an object to move no faster than a given speed limit. Also check flay.com to see if there is a freebie one that does this sort of thing.

regards

paul

fredeman
08-30-2003, 08:23 AM
HI Paul,

I got in touch with the maker of constantspeed and he is going to forward me the Beta of the constant speed plugin soon.

I saw the speed limit plugin last night from worley labs online.

Why has not Newtek made a modifier like this standard?
It seems that most people would need to do this quite often.

munky
08-30-2003, 04:49 PM
I guess it's all down to money and time. For all the things lightwave lacks it's still one hell of a great package for the money . I have polk and taft and they are really useful. I'm afraid we can't expect all of our needs to come out of the box and this goes for all 3d packages. If you do have the cash I'd recommend steve's plugins any day. Also I use a mac so many plugins are not available to me.

regards

paul

fredeman
08-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Just seemed to me like a must have in every animation program feature. At least we have plug in technology to help fill in the gaps.

An O Yes I love Lightwave Too!!! And Lightwave 8 looks so awesome now that we have some really wild advanced dynamic and character tools.

That was what always made me look at Maya, but now I will stick with Lightwave. Besides Learning a new 3d Application is hard work. The late hours and time put into learning Lightwave is something I should carry with me for most of my life.