PDA

View Full Version : Vegas editing help

twalker17
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Newbie help..
I am using Vegas to edit some stuff as the Edit in the toaster won't see vob files.....without converting them... but I will leave that for now...

Is there a codec in Vegas (not the city... ;-) ) that will give me the file size that the WMV codec but be VT 4.6 compatible?

arrggghhh!!!!!!

Shawn Farrell
10-11-2009, 01:44 AM
I use a program from Xilisoft called DVD RIPPER and I rip to UC .AVI's for use in VT or SpeedEDIT. It's less than $30 bucks.

Matt
10-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Another good ripper is http://www.magicdvdripper.com/

Quiet1onTheSet
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I am using Vegas to edit some stuff as the [VT-Edit in VT[4] ver. 4.6] won't see VOB files (without converting them)...

Is there a CODEC in [Sony Vegas Pro] that will give me the file size that the WMV CODEC but be VT 4.6 compatible?
Hi, TWalker --
Your expressed concerns seem a bit unclear to me. I get the fact that you'd like to be able to manage VOB files within VT[4]. But I'm unclear about just what you want VT-EDIT to do with said VOB (Video Object) files.

Also, what are you looking for Vegas Pro to be able to provide you, relative to the Windows Media Video CODEC?
:question:

Would you (or someone else) provide a bit more clarity on what you're attempting to accomplish, and just how you could wish it could be done in VT-EDIT? Thanks in advance.

Q1

twalker17
10-12-2009, 07:34 PM
for some reason the vt-edit simply would crash if I loaded the vob files into a project. tech support told me to rename them to avi files...
I had to reboot my machine several times during this as it got hung up.
at some point the renamed vob files worked for a bit.

i gave up on the vt edit and used vegas.
then saved them as windows video files. of course they aren't recognized by vt edit or the ddr's.

so I guess what I was getting at is, I want to take the vob files and edit them , then spit them out as an avi ro something that will compress them with to the quality and file size you get with the wmv file encoder.

I generally used the newtek (25) encoder but the file sizes are huge.

I wish there was a compression tutorial that showed one file uncompressed , then teh differences as they are ran through all the other codecs... without me having to do it manually then comparing it.