PDA

View Full Version : Rendering different cameras within a scene

inakito
10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi guys!

I remember having used a plugin for layout in the past that allows rendering different cameras within the same scene just pressing F9 once.

The situation is that I have got a scene with 3 different cameras I need rendering overnight and I do not want to wait the first render to finish in order to render the second camera.

Do you know which plugin allows that?

Thanks!

StereoMike
10-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Opening LW layout three times and start all of them the same time with different scenes will work very well.

mike

inakito
10-08-2009, 05:56 AM
This is all but helpfull stereomike...

Otterman
10-08-2009, 06:06 AM
cameraselector i think!

manholoz
10-08-2009, 06:08 AM
what I did for scenarios like this is animate the camera to the different POV, each POV a different frame. And render as an animation to still frames. This of course, would not work if each POV needs a different image size...

geo_n
10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
camera director?
http://www.andynicholas.com/

or renderq with different scenefiles

inakito
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
I do not think it is any of the listed down so far. I do remember that the script allows you to parent different cameras to frame so if I have 5 different cameras on my scene, frame 0 will be camera 1, frame 1 will be camera 2 and so on... so whenever I set up the final render from frame 0 to frame 4, all different cameras will be render one after the other...

StereoMike
10-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Hi, that wasn't a joke...
"The situation is that I have got a scene with 3 different cameras I need rendering overnight and I do not want to wait the first render to finish in order to render the second camera."

As I understood your problem, it is you don't have a rendermanager to fire up 3 different scenes one after the other (the difference between scenes being different cameras).
The time for rendering sequential or parallel shouldn't be an issue (in fact parallel is likely to work faster).
I can't figure out why you need to render three f9 into one image when you easily could render them at the same time (if RAM allows). Setting this up (saving the scene two more times) won't cost you long...

mike

inakito
10-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Hi, that wasn't a joke...
"The situation is that I have got a scene with 3 different cameras I need rendering overnight and I do not want to wait the first render to finish in order to render the second camera."

As I understood your problem, it is you don't have a rendermanager to fire up 3 different scenes one after the other (the difference between scenes being different cameras).
The time for rendering sequential or parallel shouldn't be an issue (in fact parallel is likely to work faster).
I can't figure out why you need to render three f9 into one image when you easily could render them at the same time (if RAM allows). Setting this up (saving the scene two more times) won't cost you long...

mike

Ok, all this is fine and I already know how to do it, but I am still looking for a plugin to do that.

Thanks anyway.

:)

Otterman
10-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Its Camera selector i tell you....Master Plug-Ins, Camera Selector! Its there buddy boy!

On frame one-add camera 1....on frame 2, add camera 2...on frame 3.... you get the picture!

Once you got each camera set up on each frame (3 of em in your case) ...set your output to frames and press F10 (render scene!)

geo_n
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Its Camera selector i tell you....Master Plug-Ins, Camera Selector! Its there buddy boy!

On frame one-add camera 1....on frame 2, add camera 2...on frame 3.... you get the picture!

Once you got each camera set up on each frame (3 of em in your case) ...set your output to frames and press F10 (render scene!)

I tried camera selector. its an option. The only drawback is frames per camera can't overlap. But unlike renderq there's no need for lw to reload a scene to render a camera. If camera A,B,C had to render frams 1-100 I would use renderq. If its ok to render out different frames then camera selector would save the loading time.

inakito
10-09-2009, 09:22 PM

Thanks for your step by step guide Otterman, that was the plugin!!! Or master plugin... but I also had the picture b4 tho!

;)

Cheers