PDA

View Full Version : Need a Tricaster script - not sure its entirely possible

DeanAU
10-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

I need to assign a hotkey to bring cameras 1 and 2 with a half vertical wipe transition (like a 50/50 vertical split screen)?

Is this possible?

billmi
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Yes it is. Do you need to assign the cameras with the hotkey, or just bring the wipe halfway?

DeanAU
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Assign the cameras - I wanna to go a wide shot to this mixed shot in one keystroke :D

billmi
10-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Ah - you want to cut to this transition, already at 50%? No, that can't be done in a script. The transition could be popped from 0% direct to 50%, but you'd have to switch the program bus first - so you'd go from Camera 3 to camera 1 to split between cameras 1 and 2.

This could be done with a custom LiveSet that creates a split screen between the input and the FX bus. Put that LiveSet on Camera 1, and put Camera 2 on FX, then you could cut from Camera three to the 1/2 split, or even transition to it with a DVE.

DeanAU
10-07-2009, 10:26 PM
That would work (first option) how big would the lag be?

billmi
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Probably not much more than a frame or two, I would think. Depends in part on how responsive the system is.

DeanAU
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
That would be acceptable :)

DeanAU
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Following this - is there anyway to script audio following video?

PIZAZZ
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I have a AudioFollowVideo plugin I am just about ready to release to the TriCaster public. I have a couple small things still to work out. I have a couple clients using it now. Been tied up with a large project, now that that is done I hope to get some other items finished up. Email me for for more information and to put you on the release list.

animlab
10-27-2009, 10:39 PM
DeanAU,

Following is the script code you want.
Save it to
C:\Program Files\NewTek\VT5\Skins\TabbedSwitcher\User Scripts\TwoCam_Vert.ToasterScript

Use Ctrl-i to switch to cam 1 and 2 vertical split.
Use Ctrl-o to switch back to last PGM channel.

You have to modify the DVE path and PGM/PVW channel number as needed.

#include "..\\Common\\Functions.ToasterScript"

LastPGM = GetProgramRow()

CreateShortCut ("Ctrl i", code(
// Save old PGM row
LastPGM = GetProgramRow()+1
// Change the path of your DVE
LoadDVE("C:\\Program Files\\NewTek\\VT5\\DVEs\\Wipes\\LeftToRightEdge.d ve")
WaitForDVEToBeLoaded()
// Set PGM to 1, and PVW to 2, modify as you need
SetPreviewRow(2)
SetProgramRow(1)
// jump to half transition position
ts_JumpHalfwayTBar()
), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

CreateShortCut ("Ctrl o", code(
// Restore last PGM row
SetProgramRow(LastPGM)
// reset transition position
SetTBarPosition(0)
), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

If you like it, donate a USD$10 to my PayPal account is appreciated. That will encourage us to help more VT users.