PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6.1 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 07 Oct 2009

Chuck
10-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.1: As noted last week, every build is now being carefully evaluated as a candidate for launching Open Beta. That makes the end-game of the process less predictable - we'll know when we have the good build that we can start, and we won't know where we are until we actually have that build. Many more Cocoa fixes have gone in over the last few days, as a result of our daily test and review, and you'll just need to keep a weather eye on the NewTek 3D Announcements section, as that is where the news will be posted when we launch v9.6.1 Open Beta.

That's it for this week!

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

jwiede
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Chuck, can you give us some idea of what the criteria are that a build will need to meet to qualify as start of open beta?

Chuck
10-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Chuck, can you give us some idea of what the criteria are that a build will need to meet to qualify as start of open beta?

As I said, we'll know it when we have it. This will be beta software in need of testing, but we're checking as many of the obvious issues as we can, so that we're stable and the rough edges will for the most part, not be freezes or crashes.

jwiede
10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Okay, noted, thanks for the info!

v1u1ant
10-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update.

v1u1ant
10-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Has timewarp had any attention in this update?

I keep getting an out of memory alarm when i render F9 or F10, and the preview doesnt animate on pressing play but i can scrub through ok.

Chuck
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Has timewarp had any attention in this update?

I keep getting an out of memory alarm when i render F9 or F10, and the preview doesnt animate on pressing play but i can scrub through ok.

No work on TimeWarp yet in this cycle. Not sure we'll get to it.