PDA

View Full Version : Morph gone CRAZY?!

trilobitepix
10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Okay, here I am, casually working on a character's head for a tv spot. Four types of heads- normal, and three types of smiling. The plan is to morph between heads, depending on the shot.

Great, so... I've modeled the heads accordingly. I start a new scene to test the morph. Works great. Hooray. I save the scene.

Then, without any changes to the model, the morph no longer functions correctly. Points fly off randomly and the model turns itself inside out. I've thrown out the prefs. I've restarted the computer (Macbook w/ OS 10.5.6, btw). I've restarted Lightwave. I've even created a new scene from scratch. Same problem. Try an older version of the model, you say? Did that, too. Morphs no longer function in any kind of usable manner.

Why, oh WHY?! would Lightwave do this and, more importantly, how do I fix it?

SplineGod
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Is your subpatch order set to last?

trilobitepix
10-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure.
Would that effect it working one minute, then not the next?

SplineGod
10-06-2009, 06:07 PM
If the subpatch order has changed between scenes it can effect things.

trilobitepix
10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, I can tell you that I certainly didn't adjust anything between making a test render for the client to approve, lunch, and coming back to my desk.

Mr Rid
10-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Do your morphs appear intact in Modeler?

And if you try freezing the mesh in Modeler, do the morphs then work in Layout?

trilobitepix
10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
They certainly do. The models themselves are fine in both Modeler and Layout. They don't bug out until a morph is applied.

Mr Rid
10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
They certainly do. The models themselves are fine in both Modeler and Layout. They don't bug out until a morph is applied.

How are you viewing an endomorph as fine in Layout without applying a morph that you say always appears screwy? I assume you are using Morph Mixer?

Dont suppose you can post your mesh for someone else to try?

Are other meshes working fine with morphs?

Did you try freezing the mesh?

And, are you on a Mac?