PDA

View Full Version : My restyled site

LAV
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
After an huge work (I don't know php neither database programming... it is pure html and java) my new site is online. Maybe the english is not perfect (if you'd like to help me :D).
Let me know what is your c&c.
Many thanks.
PS: I thank engram.it (http://www.engram.it/) that let me work with its layout

the link is in the signature.

archijam
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Fantastic!

I look forward to having a chance to go through it in more detail ..

Engram.it:

Those vineyards look like Conegliano, in the north of Italy .. though I was not there long.

You should post some of your finished works here, some of the landscapes in particular :thumbsup:

Big fan of 3drecursions ..

calilifestyle
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I love the new look. Hope you don't mind me inserting a but. But the those numbers for the portfolio are so small.

Silkrooster
10-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Love your images. The 3d showroom looks like it is a different layout than the rest. (Possibly due to the size of the images) The text could be a bit larger for easier reading, especially for those on a high res monitor or poor eye site.

Hope this helps...

waly
10-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Ciao.
Nice site.
I've been watching the filmati section, i d like to congrats for the great stuff there.
is it poor LW, I mean as a 3D package you use i don t mean the post production process.

Can you tell us more about that please, cause your work is just perfect.

LAV
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Many thanks, boys, for your interests.
@archijam: I'm not involved in engram works (alās!). I just ask them if I could use the 'same' layout. Remodelled and adjusted as I did, of course.
Great works, the engram's ones!!!
@waly: my work with 3d everytimes passes throught Lightwave. I love LW so much...! But the source of textures, of models, of suggestions is always another package. TopMod, KnotPlot, FractalImaginator, Apophysis, Chaoscope, Xenodream and so on. All free softwares ;)
Once I had the mesh I import it in LW. I modify it and maybe use a lot of recursive plugins (Aurora attractor or Germinator) to have the 'basic' object to work with. Surfacing, lightning, basic motion or dof effects are all done in LW.
I seldom use Photoshop.
Anyway there are two docs (in italian) that explain my workflow. Hope to have time to translate them.
@Silkrooster: Ah! You're right! Just forgot the issue :(
@calilifestyle: :) I try to insert the other side of my 3d (realistic images).

Have a nice day, friends!

Edit: the issue pointed by Silkrooster is fixed

monovich
10-06-2009, 12:09 PM
its a nice site, but it isn't as beautiful as your work. My policy with my website when I re-did it was to make sure the work could be viewed at a generous size.
Squinting to see work as good as yours just doesn't do it for me.

LAV
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Good point. I have to set the whole bunch of images in the same size.
But, what is the resolution, in your opinion?
I cropped the image because the standard web resolution is not 1680x1050 or greater. I would like to see my images in a 1024x768 screen. So the max y is 700, if I can remember.
Thanks for the feedback.
PS: I saw your site. Compliments ;)

Silkrooster
10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Good point. I have to set the whole bunch of images in the same size.
But, what is the resolution, in your opinion?
I cropped the image because the standard web resolution is not 1680x1050 or greater. I would like to see my images in a 1024x768 screen. So the max y is 700, if I can remember.
Thanks for the feedback.
PS: I saw your site. Compliments ;)

Just make sure the resolution is low enough that is prints poorly. Other than that you can have it at a decent screen size and set its width and height to a percentage, then it will scale for smaller screens. At higher resolutions is may start pixelating though. 800x600 would probably be more than sufficient. If you are worried about copying the images, you may want to add a small watermark in a corner.
Just some thoughts...

LAV
10-08-2009, 06:49 AM
[...] Other than that you can have it at a decent screen size and set its width and height to a percentage, then it will scale for smaller screens. [...]
Just some thoughts...
Brilliant! The true is that cohoperative learning is a great affair!
Many thanks, Silkrooster.
:)