PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Image Map Issues

Grey_Jay
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Hello all. I am attempting to wrap a Photoshop file around an object and it comes in as looking "fruity". Funny thing is that the rest of the objects in my scene are using Photoshop files as well, and this wacky effect happens randomly to different objects when I open the scene...

The icon of the image is funky, and renders funky (see images)

Image is 72DPI, RBG on a transparency. I've recreated the file and renamed. I've resized the image. I've also saved it as PNG file, but no luck.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks - Grey

rsfd
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi,
have you tried "Automatic Sizing"?

Grey_Jay
10-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Rsfd,

Yup...tried that. In fact... the sizing and positioning were all perfect before this happened :(

dwburman
10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
There's something definitely wrong with the way LW is reading that file. I'd keep trying different file formats. Are you having the same problem with the other images or is it just this one?

BTW, if you want to try .tga and have the alpha channel included you need to do some extra work. I made a short tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-lckdi4u-k) to show the process. You might just want to try saving without going through the whole 'making an alpha channel' process to see if the targa file is behaving properly.

dlanimation
10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
did you render with antiailasing on?
if not,try at least classic low..?
dl

Lightwolf
10-06-2009, 06:22 AM
How much memory is LW using?

If it happens with all image formats I'd suspect it to be a memory issue.

Cheers,
Mike

4dartist
10-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I get that error when one of the images in the scene is set to CMYK in photoshop. It's not necessarily the same image that is flipping out in open GL, it can be any of the images.

Ben

Lightwolf
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I get that error when one of the images in the scene is set to CMYK in photoshop. It's not necessarily the image that looks wrong in open GL, just one of the images.

Ben
That would explain a lot, as the image in the screenshot looks like scanlines aren't read with a proper offset, which can happen if you have 4 as opposed to 3 colour channels all of a sudden (and only expect 3).

Cheers,
Mike