PDA

View Full Version : Polygon Splitin??????

Caben
08-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Hi

Im following a tutorial for modeler 7 and there's a part were it says to split a part of the polygon

"First, select the polygon, Now without deselecting the polygon, switch to the points mode select The two points we want, With these two points selected, use (Polygon\Split) to effectively cut this one polygon into two."

The manual says to do the same thing aswell but it doesn't seem to want to work, does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong??????

Red_Oddity
08-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Hmmm...that sounds strange indeed...

What does it do instead? nothing? or does it give an error message of some sort?

Maybe the plugin isn't loaded?

Caben
08-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Hi again

yeah it does nothing but i just looked for the plug-in and there doesn't seem to be one, do you know how i can get it um.... plugged in????

bakasaru
08-29-2003, 08:38 AM
I think the Split operation needs to happen in Polygon mode, ie, pick your two points in Point Mode, switch to Poly mode select the Poly and split (CTRL-L), I believe.

Caben
08-29-2003, 08:49 AM
I have already tried that bakasaru but like Red_Oddity says its not loaded in for some reason, im tring to find out how to put it in, but thanks for the input anyway :) so if anyone knows anything to help me it would be appreciated, thanks.......

Caben
08-29-2003, 10:02 AM
does anyone know what the file name for split polygon command tool is or any info on my problem at all?????

evenflcw
08-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I say don't bother with LWs native Split Polygon tool. Get as_SuperSplit instead. It does multiple splits without having to first select on what polygons.

http://www7.wisnet.ne.jp/~dprj/lw_tips/files/kozo/aS_Split.zip

I think LWs native tool is built into the core as I could not see it included in any plugin/lscript file. Did you try using search (for Split;it is case sensitive) in the menu or hotkey configurator?

Caben
08-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Thankyou so much evenflcw I'd kiss you if i could!!!

riki
08-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Add Points & Split Polys

Add Points

Use 'Add Points' to fuse a new Point to an existing Vertices. But before you begin make certain that no Points are selected in Point Selection Mode, or you'll end up with a mess.

1. Switch to 'Point Selection Mode' and check that NO Points are selected. (This is an important step).

2. Switch to 'Polygon Selection Mode', and select the Face (and connecting Faces) where you're going to add the Points. If you don't select connected Faces, then the newly created Point will be disassociated from that Face.

3. Hold down the COMMAND key to add a succession of Points.

Split Poly

4. Once the new Points are created, select the Polygon that you intend to Split.

5. Then switch to Point Selection Mode and select the desired Points. (Understand that you need to be aware of what is selected in both modes. It's a bit strange but makes sense when you think about it.)

6. Finally you can use the 'Split' tool to split the Polygon.

See Also: Center AddP http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.CFM?ID=1389 This Lscript will add a Point between all selected Points.

Construct > Sub Divide > Add Points
Construct > Sub Divide > Split (CTRL + L Key)

Dodgy
08-30-2003, 03:53 AM
The best tool around is edgetools. It has all kinds of options and is free :)

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dslib/modeler.html#EdgeTool

There are others like jigsaw and wrinkle (mostly from FI) but edgetool is the most flexible.