PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving...

meshpig
10-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Just turned the only mechanical clock around here forward an hour and was reminded of how before DLS the sun used to pop over the horizon at 04:30 h kind of thing and how nice it was to wake up to a bright sunny morning.

- wasted sunlight?

Silkrooster
10-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Could be worse. I see about two hours of sun light during the winter months due to me being up all hours of the night. Wait another week or two and you don't have to worry about. Setting the clocks back should be any time now that fall is hear.

Silkrooster
10-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Just checked my outlook calendar, it says daylight savings will end on November 1st.

meshpig
10-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Just checked my outlook calendar, it says daylight savings will end on November 1st.

Mmm, except we aint in the US. Began here @12 am going the other way. I must have had one too many glasses of sav blanc last night ... :D Can't remember exactly what I was on about.

- You only need a little bit of direct sun exposure daily if you have Caucasian type skin but I couldn't handle only 2 hours of daylight... blurk!

meshpig
10-04-2009, 05:18 AM
... it mucks around with your sleeping patterns!!

JMCarrigan
10-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Time?! I don't need no stinkin' time! I need space!

meshpig
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Time?! I don't need no stinkin' time! I need space!

Don't go there, my wife buys so many clothes I order coat hangers in boxes of 24! What scares me is if we had more room she'd buy twice as many:D

Silkrooster
10-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Mmm, except we aint in the US. Began here @12 am going the other way. I must have had one too many glasses of sav blanc last night ... :D Can't remember exactly what I was on about.

- You only need a little bit of direct sun exposure daily if you have Caucasian type skin but I couldn't handle only 2 hours of daylight... blurk!

... it mucks around with your sleeping patterns!!

Yeah I know seams everytime I get switch back around to something close to normal, I am right back where I was. I am just glad that atleast part of the year I get to see some of the sun light. Makes me wonder how difficult it is for those near the poles of Earth.

meshpig
10-04-2009, 11:45 PM
... Makes me wonder how difficult it is for those near the poles of Earth.

Even anywhere below or above Lat 37〫would be too much for me though I enjoy the sun vicariously... hanging out at the beach at high noon is a bit like smoking 60 cigarettes per day except a melanoma will kill you in a matter of days.

I like the sun in the morning where you can almost see what it is; a million kilometer wide nuclear furnace and it amazes me when I think the photons hitting the side of my head took millions of years to reach the surface of the sun and are only a few minutes into an infinite journey once they bounce of my chin.

Funny how the sun is the reverse of how we consider energy... it just endlessly squanders it like a great artist. Ohm:D