PDA

View Full Version : no dot three on image saving

DrStrik9
10-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I searched to see if this had been posted before, but I didn't find anything.

I'm running 10.6.1 (snow leopard) on a quad intel mac pro. I've had two separate experiences with LW 9.6 now where when saving files for an animation, the dot-three doesn't get saved as part of the file name.

I just renamed 300 files the hard way (manually), and I don't look forward to repeating this tedious experience. Is there a workaround for this problem, or should I Fogbugz it and not render anything until 9.6.1 comes out?

Or maybe it would be fairer to report it to Apple? LOL With all the finger-pointing between Adobe and Apple over 10.6 issues, who can say how to solve a problem anymore?

dwburman
10-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I use Automator to take the pain out of batch file name changes.

DrStrik9
10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I found a couple of freebie renamers on versiontracker.com.

toby
10-05-2009, 01:06 AM
What's the dot-three, the frame number? What are your image name and render output format set to?

Kuzey
10-05-2009, 01:48 AM
I think it's about the file extensions by the feel of things. At one stage, Mac lw wasn't adding the extensions to files and I'm thinking the fix for that doesn't work with the new OS.

Just a guess.

Kuzey

toby
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
IIRC it was the same way on pc, but it's always worked with sequence output.

RollerJesus
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Not sure if this is the same issue but I had a problem a few versions back where LW wasn't giving my renders an extension unless I typed it in the dialogue box that appeared whne you clicked the "RGB Files" button under Render Globals, Output.