PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated LightWave user COD4 server online!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Cageman
10-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Hi people!

I've set up a dedicated Hardcore COD4 server long time ago. It was for employees at Massive, but since we now have new firewalls and whatnot, we can no longer connect to the server I've setup. Therefore, I have now decided to let you guys connect and play instead. :)

It is set to Hardcore, which means that there are no UI-sights, no minimap etc (to make it more "real").

The gamemodes that are rotating are: Headquarters, Domination and Sabotage.

Since we all live in different timezones, I suggest that we plan ahead so we can enjoy as many players as possible.

How to find it?

Well, the easiest way to find it is to add a new favourite and add the following data:

IP: cageman.dyndns.org
Password (required when connecting to the server): lightwave

Please test this as soon as you can so you know that you can connect!

Lets talk about when we should play!!!

Cheers!

biliousfrog
10-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Love COD4, only ever play HC modes but only usually play Team Deathmatch, not very keen on the other modes although it might be a laugh. I'll have a look later when I get a chance.

Thanks Cageman.

BTW...pretty excited about the COD MW2...not long now....!

Cageman
10-02-2009, 04:02 AM
BTW...pretty excited about the COD MW2...not long now....!

Oh yes! :)

Oh...and since this is a server for all of us LWavers, I think it can be changed to fit what most people want it to be like.

OlaHaldor
10-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Wow! GREAT!! :) It's not a long way from Norway to Sweden, so I guess I'll be seeing you there, Cageman.

I haven't touched CoD4 much since CoD:WaW was released though, so this will for sure be interesting.. :D

gordonrobb
10-02-2009, 06:25 AM
So is this for PC. I play it on Xbox, and am not aware that I can connect to anythign other than xbox live - is that right?

biliousfrog
10-02-2009, 06:33 AM
I get 'Bad Server Address', I suspect that it might need to be a numerical IP address?

COBRASoft
10-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Not working here either.

OlaHaldor
10-02-2009, 06:46 AM
@ gordonrobb, you cannot connect to a PC server with XBOX360. As far as I know. I think it would be unfair to the XBOX users as well. Gamebads vs. mouse is kind of crazy. :)

IMI
10-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Wow, I haven't played COD4 online in a long time, but I used to be really into it.
I'll install it and give it a try, but I don't think Punkbuster works with Windows 7. At least I think I read that somewhere anyway.
Since it's a private server, would you consider not using Punkbuster?

I'll test it out later today to see.

EDIT:
Headquarters, Domination and Sabotage were my favorite COD 4 games. Good choice there.

lwaddict
10-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Damn...
does this mean I'm going to have to get COD4 for my PC?
Ugh.

XBox playa here.
Player who's dying for COD MW2 to release at that.

Matt
10-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Awesome, I loved COD4 MP, always seemed more balanced than other games (ill skillz required obviously!)

Now I just need to re-install the game! :)

See you online!

Cageman
10-02-2009, 10:11 AM
This is a PC only server... sorry. :/

Cageman
10-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I get 'Bad Server Address', I suspect that it might need to be a numerical IP address?

You should be able to connect with the adress provided: cageman.dyndns.org

I have been tinkering somewhat with my server today, rebooting it a couple of times, and that could very well be the issue.

Matt
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Speaking of games, I've just seen Charlie Brooker's 'Gameswipe' on BBC iPlayer, absolutely brilliant and hilarious!

Definitely worth watching if you have access to iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n1j8q/Charlie_Brookers_Gameswipe/

YouTube version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjFiTd2nmI4

OlaHaldor
10-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Aww crap, I can't get COD4 to run on Windows 7 again. I guess it was a patch lately to the RC that makes it funky. I had it running just a few weeks ago! :(

Cageman
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Important:

The server is updated with the some patches, so in order to see or connect to the server, you have to make sure to install the patches.

They can be found here! (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/COD4_Patches/)

EDIT: Always check first if you can find and connect to the server before downloading the patches. :)

OnlineRender
10-02-2009, 01:36 PM
love to but sorry FIFA10 is out today hardcore in that atm .........cheers but well noted .

Cageman
10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Speaking of games, I've just seen Charlie Brooker's 'Gameswipe' on BBC iPlayer, absolutely brilliant and hilarious!

Definitely worth watching if you have access to iPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n1j8q/Charlie_Brookers_Gameswipe/

YouTube version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjFiTd2nmI4

This reminds me of The Escapist... He does hillarious reviews called Zero Punctuation...

This one is really fun!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/10-The-Orange-Box

:D

AdamAvenali
10-02-2009, 01:42 PM
i found the server and got in just fine :thumbsup: havent had this game open in a long time, though it's one of my favs :)

Cageman
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
love to but sorry FIFA10 is out today hardcore in that atm .........cheers but well noted .

Well...at this stage I'm simply trying to gather some interrest and see if there are anyone that would be interrested to plan ahead so we can all enjoy killing eachother. :) Lets just see when people feel would be an appropriate date and time to do so, and you may find that you actually can participate. :)

Cageman
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
i found the server and got in just fine :thumbsup: havent had this game open in a long time, though it's one of my favs :)

Great to hear!

Lets be patient though... I gather it will take some time for all of us to find an appropriate date and time to play, but at least I know that the technical aspects of this works! :)

AdamAvenali
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Great to hear!

Lets be patient though... I gather it will take some time for all of us to find an appropriate date and time to play, but at least I know that the technical aspects of this works! :)

yeah sounds good. i just wanted to log in and add it to my favorites before i forgot about it entirely :) i was just running around the map by myself checking things out haha

OnlineRender
10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Well...at this stage I'm simply trying to gather some interrest and see if there are anyone that would be interrested to plan ahead so we can all enjoy killing eachother. :) Lets just see when people feel would be an appropriate date and time to do so, and you may find that you actually can participate. :)

Don't worry I'll jump on at some point , just a massive Fifa fan , I got a demo about 2 weeks ago and have been gaggin for the release date .

IMI
10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Well I have it reinstalling right now. Sucks though that I have to redownload the whole thing from Steam and it's going to take a good while, but I can't find my backup disks. Thankfully Steam doesn't have a limit on how many times you can redownload and install a game through them.
I'm not real confident I'm going to be able to connect though, based on all I've read about PB and Windows 7, but I'm gonna try at least.

IMI
10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Important:

The server is updated with the some patches, so in order to see or connect to the server, you have to make sure to install the patches.

They can be found here! (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/COD4_Patches/)

EDIT: Always check first if you can find and connect to the server before downloading the patches. :)

What's up with those patches?
Do they work with the Steam version?

Cageman
10-02-2009, 11:12 PM
What's up with those patches?
Do they work with the Steam version?

If the steam version is not updated to 1.7 then I believe those patches should work.

Punkbuster is disabled on this server since I also had problems with it.

IMI
10-03-2009, 12:21 AM
If the steam version is not updated to 1.7 then I believe those patches should work.

Punkbuster is disabled on this server since I also had problems with it.

Oh, cool. :)

Well it finished installing while I was out. I just got back home and figured I'd give it a try before I crashed for the night and it worked. I was able to get on the server and into a map at least.
Of course there was nobody else there, but at least it works. :)

biliousfrog
10-03-2009, 06:39 AM
I managed to get connected...turns out I'd copied down the address wrong:foreheads

I'm waiting for some files to download but might go on there in an hour or so if they've finished. I usually have a couple of games after my lunch, around 1-2 o'clock (UK time) so I might see some of you in there if you're free. :thumbsup:

IMI
10-03-2009, 07:10 AM
I was just there, running around the map.
By myself, of course, but I captured the Headquarters and managed to hold it. ;)

I'll check back every now and then throughout the day. If nothing else, maybe we can shoot each other for a little while. ;)

I'm on the east coast, US, GMT-4. Or is it GMT-5? I can't ever remember...

Matt
10-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Right, installing now .... (2:36PM GMT)

Cageman
10-03-2009, 08:13 AM
The timezone IS a downer, for sure... and above that, I'm a total looser when it comes to calculating that... so I apprichiate all help I can get on that subject.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

That is a good start though. :)

I assume that weekends are the only time where everyone has the highest chance of being able to participate. My suggestion here is that we try to book a time for tomorrow (sunday), I would suggest 18.00/6pm, Swedish time.

What you do is you set the date and time (18/6pm), and convert from Sweden - Stockholm to whatever city or timezone you live in.

I've converted the Swedish time to UTC in this example. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=4&month=10&year=2009&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=239&p2=0)

Does this sound like a good time?

EDIT: Here you can see what time that is all around the world (well, almost). (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=4&hour=16&min=0&sec=0)

biliousfrog
10-03-2009, 09:31 AM
The timezone IS a downer, for sure... and above that, I'm a total looser when it comes to calculating that... so I apprichiate all help I can get on that subject.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

That is a good start though. :)

I assume that weekends are the only time where everyone has the highest chance of being able to participate. My suggestion here is that we try to book a time for tomorrow (sunday), I would suggest 18.00/6pm, Swedish time.

What you do is you set the date and time (18/6pm), and convert from Sweden - Stockholm to whatever city or timezone you live in.

I've converted the Swedish time to UTC in this example. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?day=4&month=10&year=2009&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=239&p2=0)

Does this sound like a good time?

EDIT: Here you can see what time that is all around the world (well, almost). (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=4&hour=16&min=0&sec=0)

I only usually play during the week as I play in the 'real world' at weekends but my girlfriend's away until Thursday so I should be free.

17:00 GMT tomorrow:thumbsup:

Matt
10-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Well that was easy! :D

Cageman
10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Well that was easy! :D

LOL!

IMI did the same thing... damn... I suppose it's going to be a HUGE battle tomorrow then! ;)

Cageman
10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Some more info about the gameplay:

Hardcore
All perks and weapons are allowed (yes, even the Tube is allowed)
Running, Jumping etc is allowed
Custom-made classes are allowed

Voting is activated as well. Anyone can vote for Next Map, Previous Map as well as a Map+Game Mode (lets say you want to play Free for All on Backlot, you can setup such a vote and hope the majority vote Yes).

Depending on how people will feel about all this is something we have to evaluate after a game. After all, it is important that everyone has as much fun as possible. The reason I bring this up is because I used to play on a hardcore server where running and even walking was forbidden, only crouch was allowed. After a while they also disabled a bunch of perks as well as weapons (such as Last Stand and the Tube) and at that point, their way of gaming became too limited and the fun stopped (for me). I was OK with the rule of no running/walking.

Lets hope we are at least 6 people tomorrow, 3 in each team.

Oh, and of course, if you have a friend or two, don't hessitate to invite them as well.

Matt
10-03-2009, 12:18 PM
All perks and weapons are allowed (yes, even the Tube is allowed)

Tube?

Cageman
10-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Tube?

Oh...

Granadelauncher! :)

Matt
10-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh...

Granadelauncher! :)

Tube Launcher the technical Military name then?

:p

Matt
10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
IMI and I just had a one on one for a few games. Great fun, there were some classic moments like IMI falling into the missile launch tubes on one map, right where I was camping, just saw him disappear!

Then another when we were having a grenade throwing competition over a flag, mine hit the wall in front of me and blew up the cars nearby, killing me.

I thought I was FRAPS recording all of this but for some reason there were no movies when I looked.

:(

Anyway, we need more people!

Oh, and make sure you use your name on the forum as your 'tag', it's so much more fun when you know who you've just bagged!

IMI
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, that was alot of fun!
Matt and I played for about an hour, and Matt mostly kicked my @ss. :D
I had forgotten how much fun COD4 online was! I was real into it about a year and a half ago and even joined a clan, playing Tactical, but I drifted out of it and haven't played it in a long time until today.
Out of practice now. ;)

Too bad about the FRAPS, Matt, I was hoping to see that. I'm sure there will be other opportunities though. ;)

I'll be checking back later, regularly, and for the rest of the weekend too.
It would be cool to maybe see how many people are interested, and try to set up a time.

Cageman
10-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey guys!

Cool that it works for you! Lets make some noise about this thread... for example, Matt... could you end all your comming videotutorials with a hint towards this thread? ;)

Cageman
10-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll be checking back later, regularly, and for the rest of the weekend too.
It would be cool to maybe see how many people are interested, and try to set up a time.

Yeah...

We have already setup a time for tomorrow, but hopefully we can keep this going...

Time tomorrow: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=4&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

IMI
10-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah...

We have already setup a time for tomorrow, but hopefully we can keep this going...

Time tomorrow: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=4&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

Oh, OK, I didn't notice that you had posted a time above.
Sounds cool and I'll try to be there. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Just to be clear, the game is scheduled for 6:00 PM, Stockholm time?

biliousfrog
10-04-2009, 02:50 AM
I've added my MSN contact info to my profile if anyone ever fancies a game, if we all have each others details it would make things easier.

IMI
10-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Good idea.
I've been meaning to set up a Skype account for general purposes. Maybe this is the time to do it.

IMI
10-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Heh.
You know what's funny - not only do we all live in widely different time zones, but we all probably have our own preferences for contact software. ;)

Cageman
10-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Oh, OK, I didn't notice that you had posted a time above.
Sounds cool and I'll try to be there. :thumbsup:

EDIT:
Just to be clear, the game is scheduled for 6:00 PM, Stockholm time?

Yes... 6PM Stockholm time is translated to all kinds of timezones through this link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=4&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

If you look up Stockholm, it says 18.00 (6PM) and that time specific time is also, as you notice, translated to many places around the world.

A really handy website that one!

:)

IMI
10-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Yeah, that time conversion chart is way cool, so thanks for posting that.
It's been a while since I last shot at you in COD4, Cageman. Looking forward to it. ;)

Cageman
10-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Haha...

BTW... since I can't seem to edit my profile, here is my instant messaging contact info:

MSN: temal(at)hotmail.com

(Yeah...wierd eh... so... don't ask)

Matt
10-04-2009, 07:18 AM
5pm UK time then, I'll be there.

IMI
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Well it's getting close to that time... :2guns:

biliousfrog
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
it cetainly is.....

biliousfrog
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
...sod it, who wants to start early?

IMI
10-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Would if I could, but have to finish some work first.
I'll probably be about 15 minutes early though.

biliousfrog
10-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Well, it looks like the LW COD server is a bit of a winner!

Myself, Cageman, IMI and Matt have been playing for the past couple of hours and I've not laughed so much in ages...it was mostly hysterical laughter as I ran around the maps slaughtering everyone in a maniacal killing frenzy but I also occassionally laughed at my own misfortune because I knew that I would soon respawn to dominate the map once again...mwahahahaha!:2guns:

Only joking, I think that the games were fairly even on the whole although I could picture Matt's veins bulging out of his neck and smashing the keyboard in a frenzy on a couple of occassions.

Unfortunately my left hand now resembles an arthritic crab claw so I had to bail out but it was a great way to spend a Sunday evening and I can't wait for the next one.:thumbsup:

Thanks again Cageman, hopefully we can get some more to join up. Maybe ask on the CGTalk Lightwave forum and Spinquad?

IMI
10-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Cageman, billuousfrog, Matt and I played for about 2 and a half hours, and it was great fun!

Where are all the rest of you who seemed interested? ;)

And thanks again to Cageman for setting up that server for us. :)

Cageman
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey, Me, IMI, biliousfrog and Matt were playing for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Matt was also frapsing some stuff, so hopefully there will be some moments to share with the rest of you.

Oh, and on the note of other forums, I did post about this at SpinQuad... roughly two hours prior to the first game today, so I think it was little too close for those that my have COD4 but require to reinstall it. :)

As fun as it is, it would be alot more fun if more people would join, so come on you guys!

EDIT:

Ohh...and I had invited two of my coworkers, but one of them ended up having to help his mother with the computer and the other one seemed to have issues connecting to the server. So, again, if you know some people that play COD4, make sure to invite them as well!

Matt
10-04-2009, 01:07 PM
That was great fun, except when all of you lot had those killing sprees! I was shouting all sorts of obscenities at you all!

Funny moment for me, after being mullered by cageman on the previous map, I took my revenge on the roof in that Christmas map. I had the bomb, and I could hear someone coming up the stairs, so I randomly lobbed a grenade down to find cageman's name come up on my kill! Oh how I laughed with glee! :D

Checking out the FRAPS recordings now for some nice gameplay.

Matt
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Found this absolutely classic gem!

Matt
10-04-2009, 03:34 PM
And now .... I present an epic moment of total failure to dispose of ones enemy with a machine gun, knife and grenade. Yet, cleverly committing suicide at the same time!

Not my best moment!

Matt
10-04-2009, 03:40 PM
It's also a good idea to choose the right weapon for the right moment ....

Hieron
10-04-2009, 04:05 PM
And now .... I present an epic moment of total failure to dispose of ones enemy with a machine gun, knife and grenade. Yet, cleverly committing suicide at the same time!

Not my best moment!

:) nice one. So recognizable :P

I don't have CoD4, but in between all the crazy deadlines some relax time may be nice. Next time perhaps.

Cageman
10-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Hahaha... those are going to be fun to watch!!!!

Thanks alot Matt, for taking your time to record and track these down, and above all, post them here!

:thumbsup:

Cageman
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
and now .... I present an epic moment of total failure to dispose of ones enemy with a machine gun, knife and grenade. Yet, cleverly committing suicide at the same time!

Not my best moment!

omg! Rotfl!!! :)

Matt
10-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm just encoding a much longer compilation video, but will post it on my server, it will be way too big to attach as I'm upping the quality.

Hieron
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
awww man

You reminded me of my own compilation of a World of Warcraft raid, yeaars ago. It made me all interested in WoW again... now that's a timeconsumer... :/

Matt
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Man, why does video encoding take sooooooo long!

Matt
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Okay, here's the whole sordid affair in full (sort of):

QT H.264 (164MB WinRar'd)
Cagemans_COD4_Server_Fun.rar (http://www.pixsim.co.uk/temp/Cagemans_COD4_Server_Fun.rar)

IMI
10-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Great and hilarious stuff there Matt! Thanks for uploading those vids! :thumbsup:

biliousfrog
10-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Found this absolutely classic gem!

I think that I had run out of ammo by that point and rapidly went from smug to panic :D

Not my best moment!

PMSL :foreheads

Cageman
10-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Great video!!!!

EDIT: I'll see if I can fraps next time we play. :)

Matt
10-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Great video!!!!

EDIT: I'll see if I can fraps next time we play. :)

Aye, it would be good to have another perspective! (I was tempted to just compile all my kills and nothing else, just to make myself look badass and strike fear into my opponents!)

IMI
10-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Aye, it would be good to have another perspective! (I was tempted to just compile all my kills and nothing else, just to make myself look badass and strike fear into my opponents!)

Yeah, but those of us who were there would know better. ;)

I'll have my Fraps running next time. I don't have it installed right now and didn't think to install it before the match, but now I wish I had.

BTW, when is the next time?

biliousfrog
10-05-2009, 06:52 AM

I did wonder whether there was some clever editing taking place at the start of the video :D

I've just had a look at fraps, I might buy it as it's quite cheap, I'm just concerned about the space that it will take up when capturing. Does it default to the playing screen size or can you capture at a lower res?...and what format?...there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the website.

IMI
10-05-2009, 06:59 AM
I did wonder whether there was some clever editing taking place at the start of the video :D

I've just had a look at fraps, I might buy it as it's quite cheap, I'm just concerned about the space that it will take up when capturing. Does it default to the playing screen size or can you capture at a lower res?...and what format?...there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the website.

I don't have it installed right now and haven't used it in a while, but IIRC, you can choose to capture at half your screen size, and maybe 25% too. Not sure about the 25% though.
And yeah, the files can get *quite* large, as it saves them out as .avi.
Of course, it uses hotkeys to record or stop recording, so you can instantly stop one and start another one to make smaller files and make it easier for editing. And you can also assign whatever keys you want for video recording as well as still screenshots.
And you can also select what folder the videos get saved to.

Matt
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
You can reduce down 50% and the file format is AVI uncompressed, so the files are MASSIVE, for example, last nights recordings (granted, I was recording a lot of running around with not much happening) totally around 80GB!!!

Might do some tests with this which I bought a while ago: http://www.zdsoft.com/

OnlineRender
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
You can reduce down 50% and the file format is AVI uncompressed, so the files are MASSIVE, for example, last nights recordings (granted, I was recording a lot of running around with not much happening) totally around 80GB!!!

Might do some tests with this which I bought a while ago: http://www.zdsoft.com/

LOL 80 gig try www.fraps.com smaller file sizes and compression seems to handle better for me personally .

80 gig PMSL i could image the shock when you looked at your drive space ............

biliousfrog
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM
hmm...I got it and tried it out...it seems to kill the frame rate significantly, I was getting loads of lagging and stuttering. Also no sound for some reason but it was only picking up my external recording card rather than the onboard so that might be why. I also got kicked from every server when it was running which was annoying although I was only testing it out.

Hopefully I'll be able to swap over to my i7 box once this project is out of the way and things will be much faster...then you'll be in trouble!

IMI
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
LOL 80 gig try www.fraps.com smaller file sizes and compression seems to handle better for me personally .

80 gig PMSL i could image the shock when you looked at your drive space ............

He IS using Fraps, man. ;)

Matt
10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
He IS using Fraps, man. ;)

Yep, FRAPS doesn't compress (actually it does very minimal, but nothing aggressive).

IMI
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I recorded the entire "Mile High Club" segment of COD4, which is part of Arcade mode, at half screen, with all settings maxed out in COD4.
My screen size is set to full, 1920x1200, and I use V-sync. I set FRAPS to record @ 30 FPS and I did get a solid 30 FPS all through the 2 or so minutes of game play.
No lag whatsoever, but then again I have a GTX 285 in my gaming box.

The file was about 1.5 GB or so as an uncompressed .avi file, which I managed to whittle down to a 30 MB .mov file with really nice quality @ 30 FPS, using Camtasia Studio.

Matt
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I also got kicked from every server when it was running which was annoying although I was only testing it out.

You may need to update Punkbuster manually, I was getting a kicked message too, although, I've not tried since I updated PB.

IMI
10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I actually managed to get Punkbuster to work finally, and in Windows 7 no less.
I was taking it for granted that Steam would automatically give me the correct and latest version of PB, but not so. Steam's PB as it turns out is several versions behind so I had to download the latest PBsetup.exe from evenbalance, then run it, then add COD4 to the list and finally highlight COD4 in the list and run a check for updates.
It was PB then that got updated, not COD4, and I can actually play online now again, on PB-enabled servers.

So watch out. I'm gonna be back in practice again for our next match. :devil: :D

AdamAvenali
10-05-2009, 05:04 PM
So watch out. I'm gonna be back in practice again for our next match. :devil: :D

oh dang, there was a match? haha i totally missed it, it was a hectic weekend though

Matt
10-05-2009, 05:25 PM

You need it! :p

(Says me! Actually, we should gang up on cageman, he's far too good for my liking!)

Cageman
10-06-2009, 02:08 AM
LOL :)

The thing is, I was having alot of lag and whatnot when playing... I suppose that the server was compensating for the different ping, so that I wouldn't have too much of an advantage.

Cageman
10-06-2009, 02:09 AM
oh dang, there was a match? haha i totally missed it, it was a hectic weekend though

Yeah... there was a match!

Make sure you check this thread, because anytime now, I, or anyone else, may come with a suggestion of when to play the next game!

biliousfrog
10-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Actually, we should gang up on cageman, he's far too good for my liking!

We used to do that to my old boss on the original COD and COD2, he'd be in his office (kitchen) and we'd be in the studio (converted garage) so we would just tell each other where he was if he was being annoying.

biliousfrog
10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm going to have some lunch then play online for a couple of games, around 1.30-2'ish, if anyone's interested...it's my usual time to play for a bit. Just say aye if you want to be humilated and I'll meet you in there.

Matt
10-06-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm at work, no can do until later I'm afraid.

Cageman
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi guys!

So... when shall we play the next game? My suggestion is Sunday. What is an appropriate time for everyone? Was 18.00/6pm a good time for all those who participated?

IMI
10-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Sunday sounds good to me. Any time, really. Since my ball and chain will be gone all day I can do whatever I want. :D
So whatever time you all decide on I'll be there ready to shoot you up. ;)

Edit:
I've been on and off all week. Every time I check the server, nobody is there.
Surely out of all of us wavers here there must be more than just us four or five who play COD 4 online.

Cageman
10-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Cool!

Then we will play on Sunday!

Please look at this page to see your local time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=11&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

AdamAvenali
10-09-2009, 05:36 PM
i should be able to do it :thumbsup: :2guns:

Matt
10-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Awww, Sunday is a long time away, I wanna play sooner!

Does anyone else find their brain buzzing when playing not long before bed too? Last time I couldn't get to sleep, I was running around maps in my head!

IMI
10-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Cool!

Then we will play on Sunday!

Please look at this page to see your local time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=11&hour=16&min=0&sec=0

So are you saying 6:00 pm Stockholm time?
That's noon here on the US east coast.

IMI
10-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Does anyone else find their brain buzzing when playing not long before bed too? Last time I couldn't get to sleep, I was running around maps in my head!

I would see a doctor about that if I were you. :D

Nothing a few beers can't fix though. :beerchug:

biliousfrog
10-10-2009, 03:13 AM

I get that with any new game too...it's almost like that scene in The Beach where Leonardo DiCaprio is running around the forest as a game character.

I doubt I can make it on Sunday, if I can I'll probably have a serious hangover and I doubt that playing COD will help but I might be able to spectate and fraps some of it...if I can figure out how to move around in spectate mode.

AdamAvenali
10-10-2009, 08:32 AM
is everyone using their forum name as their in-game name as well? or am i going to have to learn who everyone is again? :)

biliousfrog
10-10-2009, 08:37 AM
is everyone using their forum name as their in-game name as well? or am i going to have to learn who everyone is again? :)

Use the same name :)

Cageman, I don't know how the spectate is set up but wondered whether you'd consider setting it up to 'spectate all' so that I can fraps some of the next game if I'm available. I'm not sure whether it allows free roaming but it does allow spectators to view any player rather than just thier own team. Obviously it could have implications when the server becomes more busy but I doubt that anyone is going to abuse it.

There's a thread about configuring it here: http://cod4boards.com/cod4-server-support/112839-ultimate-noob-s-guide-setting-up-cod4-server.html

Cageman
10-10-2009, 01:14 PM
So are you saying 6:00 pm Stockholm time?
That's noon here on the US east coast.

Yeah...it's the same time we played last time, but it is Sunday instead of Saturday.

Cageman
10-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Use the same name :)

Cageman, I don't know how the spectate is set up but wondered whether you'd consider setting it up to 'spectate all' so that I can fraps some of the next game if I'm available. I'm not sure whether it allows free roaming but it does allow spectators to view any player rather than just thier own team. Obviously it could have implications when the server becomes more busy but I doubt that anyone is going to abuse it.

There's a thread about configuring it here: http://cod4boards.com/cod4-server-support/112839-ultimate-noob-s-guide-setting-up-cod4-server.html

I've changed spectate to All. It was previously set to spectate teammembers only. I will look into the free roaming as well. It would be cool to have some fraps from third person/god view perspective as well.

Cageman
10-10-2009, 01:19 PM

We all use the same nicks as we are using here. :)

Cageman
10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Spectating works well now.

WASD works as expected, but if you want to move up/down you have to use E (up) Q (down). Would be cool to see some third person fraps!

IMI
10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Super! Sounds good!

I'm looking forward to it. You've gotten me interested in COD4 again. It will be nice to have a good game. :)
For all the COD4 servers there are out there still, it amazes me how difficult it is to find a good game. If I had to gauge society as a whole against the conduct of the average COD 4 online game player, I'd say the world is an immature crybaby jerk. ;)

Yeah, we're all using NT forum names. At least those of us who have already played on Cageman's server are.

I'll have my Fraps up and running too.

Matt
10-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Spectating works well now.

WASD works as expected, but if you want to move up/down you have to use E (up) Q (down). Would be cool to see some third person fraps!

Oh cool, gonna have to try that!

IMI
10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Well we can't have everyone spectating. ;)

I was just there, playing Domination on the Pipeline map.

Even though I was the only player, it was rough. I did manage to capture and hold all three flags though.

And I would have won too, but this abandoned car gave me some sh1t and I had to kill it. That unnerved me so much that I dropped a grenade and killed myself.

Next time though, watch out - no more Mr. Nice Guy, and I'm out for revenge. ;)

biliousfrog
10-11-2009, 04:08 AM
As predicted I'm feeling pretty rough after meeting up with some friends I haven't seen for nearly 15 years last night...must have had a dodgy beer...or several...bleurgh :beerchug:

I'll try to pop in at some point to film some but I can't guarantee anything at this stage....I actually feel like I'mgetting drunk again?...i.m gettin gto old for this :cry:

IMI
10-11-2009, 05:08 AM
What a lightweight! :D

I hope you had a good time though. :)

Matt
10-11-2009, 06:28 AM
I tried some recording tests on the server last night in spectator mode using both FRAPS and ZDSoft's Screen Recorder (formerly Game Recorder) and the FPS was lousy.

Same settings when 'in-game' was fine, so I'm not sure how great any spectator videos will be now.

:(

Cageman
10-11-2009, 11:53 AM
So, another battle was fought tonight... RollerJesus found his way this time, apart from that, it was just me and IMI playing. Don't know where Matt ended up and biliousfrog did show up, but was too hangover to actually play. Hopefully he did some fun frapsing! :)

Both I and IMI also did some fraps, but I never got sound to work...

Check back here to see some fun game-moments! :)

IMI
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Where were you Matt? We missed you!

I got about 10 GBs of footage of Cageman killing me. :D

IMI
10-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Oh my videos came out pretty good, what I've watched so far. Good video, good sound.
I'll see what I can do about comping some of it together later.

RollerJesus
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Fraps... I think I can recall the lashing Cageman gave me without screen capture. :) Sorry I was only able to jump on for a little bit but am definitely looking forward to next time.

AdamAvenali
10-11-2009, 01:27 PM
crap! i forgot again! there was an open tee time at the local golf course and i didnt get back until after noon, so hopefully i will remember next time :D

Cageman
10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
What time is good for you guys on weekdays?

I was thinking about a new game on Wednesday...

RollerJesus
10-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm up for another game this evening if anyone's interested. During the week, I get home around 6 CST (11 GMT).

Matt
10-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Sorry guys, a mate came over.

I was actually jumping on and off the server waiting for a while, checking, around 6-7pm GMT but no one was there.

I also had to be up early on Monday so playing later in the evening on Sunday isn't the best for me, as it leaves my brain in overdrive!

Any chance we could make it Sunday afternoons? That would be awesome then!

This week might be difficult too, as I have a different friend wanting to talk about their website coming over, just not sure which day.

But will try!

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 03:17 AM
1st video...how to win a sabotage match in under a minute...or...IMI say's DOH!

http://www.4shared.com/file/140283163/e6486386/BombRun.html

BTW the embedded video is much more compressed than the MP4 - you can actually see what's happening. Also, I can't capture audio for some reason.

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 03:35 AM
2nd video...Cageman's magic trick!

http://www.4shared.com/file/140285981/bdbd2140/magic.html

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 03:48 AM
last one for now...'He's behind you!'

http://www.4shared.com/file/140288269/d3dab3c0/behindyou.html

I was laughing out loud watching this

Matt
10-12-2009, 04:27 AM
LOL at the last one! Look at cageman being all stealthy in prone! Only to be murderously slaughtered from behind!

Matt
10-12-2009, 04:29 AM
These spec movies are great! The characters looks so cute being so small! Ahhhhhhhhh!

biliousfrog, what did you use to capture these? FRAPS?

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 04:37 AM
yeah I used fraps, it seemed to be quite smooth in spectate although it was really jerky in normal mode.

I really liked watching them play, it's funny to see them getting so close without realising and being really sneaky whilst nowhere near each other. It would be easier with more players though, I sometimes found myself flying around the map looking for some action only to miss it. I'm quite happy to film in spectate if there's an odd number of players, it was lots of fun.

Matt
10-12-2009, 05:17 AM
That's odd, mine was slow as hell when I tried it. Need to do some more tests me thinks.

Cageman
10-12-2009, 05:48 AM
2nd video...Cageman's magic trick!

http://www.4shared.com/file/140285981/bdbd2140/magic.html

LOL

Where the hell did I go!?

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 05:57 AM
LOL

well, if I knew it wouldn't be much of a trick would it :D

Matt
10-12-2009, 06:26 AM
LOL

I reckon you fell down a missile launch tube (IMI style) because you couldn't see where you were going!

Cageman
10-12-2009, 06:33 AM
I reckon you fell down a missile launch tube (IMI style) because you couldn't see where you were going!

Yeah... except that there is no indication that I died anywhere... :)

Matt
10-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Yeah... except that there is no indication that I died anywhere... :)

I was only kidding! :D

Cageman
10-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I was only kidding! :D

Yeah...right...

;)

IMI
10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Cool videos, billious!

I have to see what I can do about getting some of mine comped together and at a reasonable file size.

Most of what I have though consists of me being killed by Cageman. Far too much of that, really. ;)

IMI
10-12-2009, 07:53 AM
What time is good for you guys on weekdays?

I was thinking about a new game on Wednesday...

Wednesday would be cool with me. I'm self employed and don't have enough work to keep me busy all day, every day anyway, so I'm pretty flexible during the whole week, really.
Just late at night during the week isn't good. But then again, late at night here is very early morning for the rest of you guys.

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Wednesday would be cool with me. I'm self employed and don't have enough work to keep me busy all day, every day anyway, so I'm pretty flexible during the whole week, really.
Just late at night during the week isn't good. But then again, late at night here is very early morning for the rest of you guys.

Weekdays are best for me too although I'm getting snowed under again so I can't spend too much time gaming.

Actually, I've got the house to myself again this weekend so I can play at almost any time Saturday or Sunday

Matt
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah...right...

;)

That's fightin' talk where I come from!

You, me, deathmatch, bring it on! :D

Matt
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM
You, me, deathmatch, bring it on! :D

Actually, I've just thought of something!

We should have a 'settle it in deathmatch' for any disagreements on the forum.

A 'Users vs NewTek Dev Team' could also be great fun (after CORE is out obviously!)

;)

Cageman
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM

A 'Users vs NewTek Dev Team' could also be great fun (after CORE is out obviously!)

;)

Yeah! Absolutely!

A brilliant idea I have to add! Would be great fun!.. well... not for them though... ;)

biliousfrog
10-12-2009, 09:13 AM

;)

That would be funny, having loads of spectators watching two people fight to the death...even better if it was knives and pistols only :D

Maybe a new way of requesting features too...if you beat the dev team it's on the list :D

Matt
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
That would be funny, having loads of spectators watching two people fight to the death...even better if it was knives and pistols only :D

That's how I saw it, and it would be hilarious to watch!

Maybe a new way of requesting features too...if you beat the dev team it's on the list :D

ROTFL!

Let's try it!

NT Dev Team, I hereby challenge your best player to a deathmatch for, ummm, let's think, fire and smoke FX in CORE!

Come on, I dare ya, I double dare ya!

AdamAvenali
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
That's how I saw it, and it would be hilarious to watch!

a few spectators need to be screen recording and watching from different angles and then we need to cut that video together :D

biliousfrog
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
If you get a few hundred spectators together - build a sort-of-matrix rig!

How bad can one be to be allowed on the server? My nick generally was cannon fodder... :o

Even better, it'll give Matt someone to shoot :p

biliousfrog
10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Hehe, ok, will try to get the game running again... :)

The more people on board the better it will be, especially if some of us can't play occasionally.

I'm happy to show people around the maps too if they're not familiar with any of them, especially as 4 new ones were added with the 1.6 update. There's some nice little hiding places and climbing areas that some people don't know about or can't seem to get to grips with too...they're not as important with only a few people playing sabotage or domination but can make a difference with bigger games...sniping from the rocket launchers on countdown is always funny

AdamAvenali
10-13-2009, 09:10 AM
...I'm happy to show people around the maps too if they're not familiar with any of them, especially as 4 new ones were added with the 1.6 update...

man, i totally forgot there were new maps. i went through and updated all my games a while ago with all the new patches and i dont think i have opened COD up since then. i have a feeling i'm going to get whooped on whenever i remember to log on and actually play haha

Matt
10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
It's great fun, we need more players, and don't worry, none of us are l33t players, especially cageman, he sucks!

In the words of Michael Jackson, he's more a "lover not a fighter"

(Hehe!)

IMI
10-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, speaking of the "new" maps (which are really quite old by now), does anyone like Chinatown? Seems that most of the COD 4 crowd doesn't, although I did from the very beginning.

Cageman, surely you guys at Massive could whip up some kickass COD 4 maps with the COD 4 modding program. ;)

So, we on for Wednesday?

biliousfrog
10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Chinatown is just a rehash of Carentan from COD and COD2...I don't mind it but it's not as good as the original maps.

Have there been any third party maps for COD4?...there were some amazing ones for the first two games, I was in charge of finding them for the lunchtime LAN game at work. Actually some of the old maps from COD2 would be fun to play.

IMI
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I used to play regularly on a tactical server about a year and a half ago that used several really cool modded maps. A few of them were sort of weird, but there were a couple that I thought were really good, and they were all available for public download too.
Unfortunately I lost all those maps somewhere along the way, and can't remember where they came from now.
I can't remember what the COD 4 mod tool was called now, but I wanted to try it out, though I was running Vista and it said it only worked in XP, so I never tried it. Don't know if that's changed any, but I doubt it.

VonBon
10-13-2009, 05:22 PM
ooooooooo thats my [email protected]#$.

im the man at CoD4. yall probably been graced by the greatest
once or twice. :devil:

VDoom!!! suck'as :D

Cageman
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi guys!

I can change the COD4 server so that we also have third party maps. I used to play on the same tactical server as IMI, so I have those maps and also configured the server to include them if I start the server via another shortcut.

Be warned:

Make sure you guys create a new profile in COD4 and use that since these new maps changes COD4 somewhat and you will risk loosing your ranks and other things. I will not change the server yet, but if you want, I can do that in a couple of moseclicks. The new maps will be downloaded automaticly to your COD4 installation when such a map is loaded on the server. The server will not change for tonights game.

Game tonight! Consult this chart to see your local time! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=14&hour=19&min=0&sec=0)

AdamAvenali
10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
won't be able to do it today since it will be 3 PM here and i don't feel like losing my job :D but i will be in whenever this weekend! :thumbsup:

probiner
10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Just out of curiosity.
Anyone here plays Americas Army?
I know i know... propaganda game...
But still, it's there. And for me it's very good game. It's slow paced but it's a nice simulation.
You can bleed to death, many options for grenades. Report enemies in the map. Bipods. Gun jams... etc
There's always an objective and its always teams.

There's version 2 and version 3
Difference is that 2 gives individual player more power.
In 3 it's the weapon shakes crazy; theres a lot of fog, you cant jump, only mantle over objects; when you kill someone you don't get a death message, so if you kill someone at distance you can't be sure you shot him. And so on... It's more of a hardcore teamplay game or you will die quick.

I've played Cod4. Preety game. But with me its Quake3 jumpings pads, or realism nerdyness. Whatever is in between tryng to look realistic, but with guys jumping and shooting doesnt work so well :P

Cheers

IMI
10-14-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi guys!

I can change the COD4 server so that we also have third party maps. I used to play on the same tactical server as IMI, so I have those maps and also configured the server to include them if I start the server via another shortcut.

Be warned:

Make sure you guys create a new profile in COD4 and use that since these new maps changes COD4 somewhat and you will risk loosing your ranks and other things. I will not change the server yet, but if you want, I can do that in a couple of moseclicks. The new maps will be downloaded automaticly to your COD4 installation when such a map is loaded on the server. The server will not change for tonights game.

Game tonight! Consult this chart to see your local time! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=14&hour=19&min=0&sec=0)

So that's going to be 9:00 PM, Stockholm time?
I didn't notice any specific time mentioned, but Adam said it would be 3:00 his time, which is the same for me, so I assume that means you decided on 9:00 your time.
If that's the case, I can definitely make it.

As for the modded maps, sounds like a great idea, and I'm glad you still have those! I looked all over, hoping I had burned then to a CD, but no dice.
I'm not sure what you mean about having to create a new profile for them though. I don't think I had to do that before, but I can't really remember now.

IMI
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM
won't be able to do it today since it will be 3 PM here and i don't feel like losing my job :D but i will be in whenever this weekend! :thumbsup:

Oh come on man, where's your sense of adventure? Just tell them you're doing research. ;)

Looking forward to shooting you this weekend though at least. :D

biliousfrog
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I doubt that I can make it either as all my machines will be tied up with rendering :(

Should certainly be there at the weekend though :)

RollerJesus
10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Can't do today here either but planning on this weekend. :thumbsup:

AdamAvenali
10-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh come on man, where's your sense of adventure? Just tell them you're doing research. ;)

Looking forward to shooting you this weekend though at least. :D

you should not be so excited to get shot :2guns: :thumbsup:

Cageman
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
So that's going to be 9:00 PM, Stockholm time?
I didn't notice any specific time mentioned, but Adam said it would be 3:00 his time, which is the same for me, so I assume that means you decided on 9:00 your time.
If that's the case, I can definitely make it.

If you look at the link you will notice when it is, no? :D

RollerJesus
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
"RollerJesus, switch teams... I'm too good for IMI and keep killing him"
-Cageman

Matt
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM

That's funny, I remember going to a print shop with an urgent job, and the guy was playing 'Marathon' on the Mac (this was a long time ago).

Not particularly happy with his lack of urgency I mentioned it to my boss, who mentioned it to the print guy's boss, who responded saying that they occasionally do 'testing' for games!

HA!

The fact they thought they could use that as an excuse was quite unbelievable. They eventually they went bust. Wonder why!

IMI
10-14-2009, 12:05 PM
If you look at the link you will notice when it is, no? :D

Well yeah, I've seen the chart, several times now. That's not the problem. I know how to find out what time it is anywhere in the world compared to mine easily enough. And I've known how to do that for several years. ;)
The thing is, as far as I can tell, I didn't notice you actually saying *what* time the game is in *any* time zone. ;)

EDIT:
OH... I get it now. No, I didn't read the chart because I thought it was a simple time conversion chart, but that's actually a chart you made... or rather made a link to using that site's software.
See, this is why I also had to ask you to confirm the game time last time, because I wasn't using your chart, just using the fact I know you're six hours ahead of my time. ;)

Cageman
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
EDIT:
OH... I get it now. No, I didn't read the chart because I thought it was a simple time conversion chart, but that's actually a chart you made... or rather made a link to using that site's software.
See, this is why I also had to ask you to confirm the game time last time, because I wasn't using your chart, just using the fact I know you're six hours ahead of my time. ;)

Sorry... I was unclear in my post... I can see that now.

So yeah... in about 10 minutes the rumble will begin. :D

Matt
10-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry guys, I couldn't make it tonight, had a friend come over who needed some graphic design doing.

Weekend for sure!

Cageman
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi guys!

Since there were so few of us (well, one new face, Radek), I removed the password. We were, at times, 12 people playing (Me, IMI, Radek + a bunch of random Internet-dudes). So, from now on, the server will be open, but when we do our LW-games, the server will require the password.

I also noticed that some people were apparently using cheats (No Punkbuster activated on the server), so I may actually enable that, I just have to make sure I update it constantly and that you guys install it.

Let me know if you run into any problems with PB (I will have it up and running later tonight).

Anyhow... I didn't do any frapsing this time around (I still have about 30GB of fraps from the second session to go through).

Cageman
10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes... Next game on Saturday!

9pm Swedish time (Stockholm).

For your local time, view this! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=17&hour=19&min=0&sec=0)

Cageman
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
For you who have problems with Punkbuster:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

AdamAvenali
10-14-2009, 05:16 PM
For you who have problems with Punkbuster:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

hey! that looks familiar! :thumbsup: here's a screen after just updating a few minutes ago...

IMI
10-15-2009, 05:00 AM
The internet dudes were cheating?
There were a few times I wondered about that. Like this one time I unloaded an entire clip in this guy from about 20 feet away and it didn't kill him, plus a few other weird things I saw.

Punkbuster is fine with me. As I wrote a few pages back, I even got it working with Windows 7, which they say shouldn't be possible, but it's working just fine for me now.

OTOH, when it's a closed game for just 'wavers, if there are people having troubles with PB, I would think you could disable PB.

biliousfrog
10-15-2009, 05:03 AM
So is there going to be a LW Clan for open servers then ;)

IMI
10-15-2009, 05:22 AM
So is there going to be a LW Clan for open servers then ;)

That would be cool. :thumbsup:

Cageman
10-15-2009, 05:26 AM
OTOH, when it's a closed game for just 'wavers, if there are people having troubles with PB, I would think you could disable PB.

Yes... I have already created two distinct shortcuts; one to fire up the official server (Punkbuster, limited to only spectate team-members and no password) and our private server (no Punkbuster, free spectator mode and password protected).

Switching server is a matter of 1 single click (close the one currently running) and a double-click (start the other one).

Cageman
10-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Just a reminder... roughly 3 hours untill game!!!

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=936602&postcount=166

IMI
10-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll be able to be there for a little while at least, but not too long. Got alot of things going on today.
Looking forward to it Cageman!
This week I'm not going to take it easy on you. :D

RollerJesus
10-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm in. If anyone who knows the maps would be willing to jump on early and give me a little tour; that would be much appreciated.

IMI
10-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Best thing you could do really is go into Spectate mode and "fly" around the maps as they load, before game time.
I'll try to be there a little early though and see if I can help you any. :)

RollerJesus
10-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks IMI, will do.

IMI
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Another thing you could do is go into the Multiplayer options and set up your own server on your own machine. There's nothing to that and you can make it private so nobody comes along. Just select the maps and set a time limit for each and wander through them at your leisure, on your own machine, not really connected to a server.
That way you don't have to wait for an external server to load maps, and you can do whatever you want, spend as much time on each as you want.
Or you could just set each one up manually, as opposed to being in a rotation, just by exiting the map you're on and loading a new one.

biliousfrog
10-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll be there...just an hour to go...I can do around an hour then I've got to get down the pub. If I get a chance I'll jump in early and show you around RJ but IMI's suggestion of running your own server is a good idea.

See you in there!:2guns:

Matt
10-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Noooooooo, was it yesterday? As in Saturday? I thought it was Sunday?

Cageman
10-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Noooooooo, was it yesterday? As in Saturday? I thought it was Sunday?

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=936602&postcount=166

Well... we did wonder where you and AdamAvenali were.

Anyhow... we were five people playing; Me, IMI, biliousfrog, RollerJesus and Radek.

Matt
10-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I was at my computer too :(

biliousfrog
10-18-2009, 07:32 AM
I can play tonight if you want, just let me know when

AdamAvenali
10-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Well... we did wonder where you and AdamAvenali were.

yeah, thats my bad haha i had an info session about grad school in cincinatti yesterday and i thought i would be back in time, but hence, i was not haha

IMI
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
*Bump
:bump:

I have nothing to say, just..... :bump:

Matt
10-21-2009, 05:29 PM
So when's the next one?

IMI
10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
So when's the next one?

If I had to guess I'd say probably Saturday or Sunday.

Cageman
10-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes!

Saturday 9pm Swedish time! :)

Corresponding time all around the world! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=24&hour=19&min=0&sec=0)

Be there!!!

;)

Matt
10-22-2009, 01:36 AM
Coolio!

Now if I do buy Windows 7 today, so it arrives tomorrow, I wonder if I'll have enough time to get everything installed!

IMI
10-22-2009, 04:13 AM
Coolio!

Now if I do buy Windows 7 today, so it arrives tomorrow, I wonder if I'll have enough time to get everything installed!

If you do, make sure you install the latest Punkbuster from evenbalance.com after you install COD 4, and run the updater and add COD 4 to the list and run the check for updates thing. Works for me, but I've read of quite a few people saying they can't get it to work under Windows 7.

Then again, I think Cageman planned to turn off PB for when it's just us, but I think last time it was still turned on.

biliousfrog
10-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Coolio!

I got my confirmation email from Microsoft saying that my upgrade has been shipped...allow 10-15 days!...and they said that before Royal Mail went on strike! 8~

Cageman
10-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Then again, I think Cageman planned to turn off PB for when it's just us, but I think last time it was still turned on.

Yes!

That has been fixed now!

Matt
10-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I got my confirmation email from Microsoft saying that my upgrade has been shipped...allow 10-15 days!...and they said that before Royal Mail went on strike! 8~

Ordered mine from Amazon, next day delivery, also coming (from Scan Computers) is a new 150GB 10,000 rpm RaptorX to install it on. I needed a new boot drive as my 80GB RaptorX keeps running out.

IMI
10-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I'll be there and I hope to see all you guys today on the battlefiled at the appointed time! :2guns:

OlaHaldor
10-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I got CoD4 up and running again on Win7RC1, so I'll try to be there as well.

So, do you play with your forum nicks, or.. ?

IMI
10-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I hope to see you there!
Yeah, we've all been using our forum nicks.

OlaHaldor
10-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Do you play by any set of rules? Tactical realism or is it just run-and-make-them-die? :p

Matt
10-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack! Windows 7 successfully installed!

See you online tonight!

OlaHaldor
10-24-2009, 11:53 AM
one hour.. ! :D

Cageman
10-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Do you play by any set of rules? Tactical realism or is it just run-and-make-them-die? :p

No special rules... except those set by the gamemode (Domination, Sabotage or Headquaters).

OlaHaldor
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. Can't wait! :) Haven't REALLY been playing it for almost a year, since CoD World at War came.

IMI
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Which do you guys prefer getting shot with, my M4 or my RPD? ;)

Matt
10-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Which do you guys prefer getting shot with, my M4 or my RPD? ;)

I'm a gonna shoot you in the face for that comment! :D

Bring it!

Cageman
10-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Game has started! Come on now!!!

Matt
10-24-2009, 03:01 PM
That was fun tonight, although Ola was far too good for my liking!

The neverending Demolition round was awesome!

Encoding some quality FRAPS moments now!

IMI
10-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah those were some fun games, especially that one.
Looking forward to seeing your vids, Matt!

IMI
10-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I wish I had some of those Last Stand battles I had with Cageman on FRAPS, but I didn't get any. :cursin:

Cageman
10-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Ola was defenately alot better than I had expected. Really cool!

So... anyone up for a game tomorrow the same time as well? Or maybe a couple of hours earlier...

Cageman
10-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Ohh.. and VOIP should work... we have to try that as well... I mean... we need tactics as well. :D

Matt
10-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Ola was defenately alot better than I had expected. Really cool!

So... anyone up for a game tomorrow the same time as well? Or maybe a couple of hours earlier...

Hell yeah! Earlier would be cool!

Matt
10-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Here it is, a compilation of the FRAPS stuff I took, apologies to IMI, it looks like I happened to be recording when I shot you! He wasn't as bad as this selection makes out! :D

QT H.264, MP4, 75MB Zipped
Video: Fun with Guns! (http://www.pixsim.co.uk/temp/Fun_with_Guns.zip)

Some classic lucky shots can be seen at:

00:00:16 - IMI shot through the wall!

00:00:37 - IMI blown to bits with the grenade launcher!

00:00:45 - Totally guessed grenade launcher shot takes Cageman out! :D

00:02:53 - LOL! :D

probiner
10-24-2009, 07:23 PM
SO you play sitting duck mode hun? =)

I wish i had recorded some of my games...

OlaHaldor
10-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry for being crazy over there. I can't help it. I tend to play a lot while I wait for renderings, you know... With time comes experience. :D

But it was fun. And that never ending round was just incredibly fun! I really had a blast on that one. It was so balanced and even at all times.

I'm in tomorrow as well, if I'm still allowed? :)

Fun to see the "other side" of the war as well, in the video. I should probably bring up Fraps myself tomorrow. :)

Matt
10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
SO you play sitting duck mode hun? =).

Most times, it makes you a smaller target, but also, you don't make any footstep sounds, it's a stealth thing!

Edit: Just realised you meant something else!

probiner
10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes. In portuguse, like in msot latin languages we have different you's. Tu(singular) and Vós(plural). But you guys were a bit lazy on that one :P So i was using a you (plural).

Looked like i was calling you a camper... but i meant that "Domination" is sitting duck (target) mode :D

My prefered class was total stealth cause i used to play Search and Destroy:
Silenced G36C/G3, UAV jammer, Silenced Pistol, Smoke, Dead Silence and Bomb Squad

Have fun

Cageman
10-25-2009, 04:19 AM
Yes... Next game is TODAY!!!!

6pm Swedish time (Stockholm).

For your local time, view this! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=25&hour=17&min=0&sec=0)

biliousfrog
10-25-2009, 04:58 AM
dammit...I'm not sure that I can make tonights either but I'll try. Great to hear that there's some more on board.

IMI
10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I'll try to make it but I don't know if I'll be able to this time. I have a lot of things I have to do today.

Cool videos, Matt!

OlaHaldor
10-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I'll be entering the war zone any minute now.. edit... after I've had some food !

Cageman
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Come on now people.. :D

Cageman
10-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Oliver; I saw your name pop up but then you emediately disconnected... what happened?

OlaHaldor
10-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Dinner is consumed, now I gotta bring a bottle of water with me. This war won't fight itself! :D

Matt
10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I played really crap tonight!

Cageman and Ola were all over me, those boys aim FAR too fast!

IMI
10-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I wish I could have made it but I had to take off and was gone all afternoon.
Next time though... :2guns:

Hey Matt, what do you use to edit your videos? You one of those Speed Edit guys?

Eroneouse
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I can see I am going to have to dig out my copy of CoD4 :D

Cageman
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah... the more people the more fun... there have been a somewhat slow increase in people participating, but the there has been an increase, and that is the important thing to remember.

Now, make sure you ask your friends to join as well. Having GOOD people to play with is hard on all the servers around... and with good I don't mean skilled (as in being very good at playing COD4), but a NICE and FRIENDLY atmosphere that creates a FUN experience.

So, do as Eroneouse; dig out your COD4 discs and join!

Saturday will be the next game; an announcement will be made tomorrow... I'm off to bed now.

Matt
10-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I wish I could have made it but I had to take off and was gone all afternoon.
Next time though... :2guns:

Hey Matt, what do you use to edit your videos? You one of those Speed Edit guys?

Nah, Sony Vegas.

Jim M
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
I might have to bring my paltry skillz to the war effort. I haven't played this game for ages...

Cageman
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Saturday at 9PM Swedish time!

For your local timezones and whatnot, look at this chart! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2009&month=10&day=31&hour=20&min=0&sec=0)

Be there or get the swineflu! :D

Jim M
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Already had the swineflu, so I guess I will have to make it. 8pm UK time

OlaHaldor
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't join you guys. Or.. We'll see.. I'm one of two in the lead of hosting a LAN party next weekend. We thought we'd be happy if we got 10-15 to join us (it's a very small place, only 3000 inhabitants, maybe 200 kids between 13 and 20) - but we actually got over 40 kids coming. But I'll see if anyone of them are a good sport and invite them to the game if I see them fit and not too whiney either if they win or lose.

Until then - take care! :)

Cageman
10-27-2009, 02:35 AM
I can't join you guys. Or.. We'll see.. I'm one of two in the lead of hosting a LAN party next weekend. We thought we'd be happy if we got 10-15 to join us (it's a very small place, only 3000 inhabitants, maybe 200 kids between 13 and 20) - but we actually got over 40 kids coming. But I'll see if anyone of them are a good sport and invite them to the game if I see them fit and not too whiney either if they win or lose.

Until then - take care! :)

Hey... that would be cool! Hope you will be able to join in with a bunch of those kids!

Matt
10-27-2009, 02:46 AM
O.T. Left4Dead 2 demo should be out today for those that pre-ordered it! YAY! :D

biliousfrog
10-27-2009, 06:05 AM
O.T. Left4Dead 2 demo should be out today for those that pre-ordered it! YAY! :D

Bringing it back on topic...the Zombie mods for COD4 look quite interesting, I haven't played any since the first COD though.

BigHache
10-27-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll have to re-download my copy from Steam and see about getting some head shots with you guys. After a year, this game was no longer fun for me online. It gets real uninteresting when it becomes the norm that you empty a mag into another player and they simply turn around and one-shot you. Oh well…

OlaHaldor
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
BigHache, you should try playing on some tactical realism servers. :)

Matt
10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
It gets real uninteresting when it becomes the norm that you empty a mag into another player and they simply turn around and one-shot you. Oh well…

Cageman and Oli keep doing that to me! Grrrrrr! :D

OnlineRender
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
feel so left out suppose i need to load up steam and buy COD4 ,although my xbox has been on overdrive the last few weeks :)

IMI
10-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Lookin' forward to Saturday! :thumbsup:

BigHache
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
BigHache, you should try playing on some tactical realism servers. :)

Now that you mention it, I have and it's pretty awesome. I've had trouble finding tactical servers with people in them.

Got COD4 loaded back up and just have to make sure all my updates are installed and I'm good to go. I'll have to see about my schedule on Saturday though…

IMI
10-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Now that you mention it, I have and it's pretty awesome. I've had trouble finding tactical servers with people in them.

Got COD4 loaded back up and just have to make sure all my updates are installed and I'm good to go. I'll have to see about my schedule on Saturday though…

Hey I remember you, you're the guy modeling Jacksonville. That stuck in my mind because I lived there for almost 20 years, but have since moved a little father south.
I hope you can make it on Saturday, looking forward to meeting you on the battlefield. Although it's gonna be difficult for me to shoot at a Maiden fan. :jam: ;)

Cageman
10-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Just a reminder! :)

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=940682&postcount=232

Jim M
10-31-2009, 01:28 AM
server rules? all perks/camping/noobtubing ?

IMI
10-31-2009, 01:35 AM
server rules? all perks/camping/noobtubing ?

No rules aside from no cheating, and all perks allowed.
Camping, I suppose is OK, but spawn camping is just uncool.
And watch out for Cageman's Last Stand - he's brutal with it. ;)

Matt
10-31-2009, 03:30 AM
And watch out for Cageman's Last Stand - he's brutal with it. ;)

I agree, he's more deadly with that than his main weapon! Taken me out many a time with that!

OnlineRender
10-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 XBOX360 RF has been leaked !

Matt
10-31-2009, 10:46 AM
That's a shame Oliver.

So who IS coming to play tonight?

Cageman
10-31-2009, 11:33 AM
That's a shame Oliver.

So who IS coming to play tonight?

I will be there! Radek may be there, depends on wether or not he will experience graphic glitches.

IMI
10-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I'll be there, FWIW, if for no reason other than to give Cageman something to shoot at. :D

Too bad, Oliver, I was looking forward to shooting you. ;)

AdamAvenali
10-31-2009, 12:33 PM
well well well... there is a game scheduled and i am home and have absolutely no where to be... :2guns:

Matt
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Cool, should be a good one tonight then! :D

FRAPS at the ready, and I have a shiney new 150GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm HD to store it all on! :D

Hell yeah! :D

Matt
10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Good game tonight, FRAPS coming up!

Cageman, if you take me out one more time with that last stand, I'm a gonna shove that pistol where the sun don't shine!