PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Scene to Vue

fredfx
10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm doing a project where I did my previsualization in Lightwave. We want to render in Vue. I was able to get the camera out of LW and into Vue successfully, but I'm trying to figure out a way to at least get some placeholders from my LW previz into Vue so we can populate the scene properly with the Vue objects. Any ideas?

Thanx

Fred

dvfx
11-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I would try to go the other way...like exporting Vue objects to Lightwave. I found Vue (7.5) to be a nightmare. I've done a lot of Previs in LW and it's sooo much more stable and fluid to work with. Vue 7.5 barely even worked for me. ended up ditching Vue.
Most production studios don't use Vue...and if they do they render one section as a card and matte paint and comp around it....heavily!

my .02

clagman
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
This one dude uses syntheyes as a method of working around scene exchange problems between Vue and LW. I wish I had a copy of it. I checked out the site and it just looks fantastic for the price.

Eagle66
11-08-2009, 09:53 AM
We want to render in Vue.

The best way is using VUE Xstream and render in LW. The VUE Inf. Render is very slow.

Other way is using vuescripts:
http://www.vuescripts.com/_A/index.php?id=21,0,0,1,0,0

Hope this helps.

medicalart
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah, same issues for me "I just started using Vue8 with LW9.6 and after reading the Vue manual still can't figure out how to get anything from Vue to appear in LW. I have the terrain and atmosphere .LWO's and a few .BMP's but it looks nothing like a scene. I think some users just import to Vue and not export from Vue. If anyone has a tip for me to get started on the Vue to LW export, let me know. Thanks. I'm still searching the forums...."

clagman
02-10-2010, 08:46 PM
If you mean setting up scenes in Vue and getting them into LW you just use the "open" xStream command and load the saved .vue file into LW.

3DGFXStudios
02-11-2010, 02:32 AM
The best way is using VUE Xstream and render in LW. The VUE Inf. Render is very slow.

Other way is using vuescripts:
http://www.vuescripts.com/_A/index.php?id=21,0,0,1,0,0

Hope this helps.

Rendering Vue stuff in lightwave is even slower.

If you can do it with syntheyes I would do it that way. ( I tried that but had no luck but that was without a plugin or script.)

wildr3d
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm doing a project where I did my previsualization in Lightwave. We want to render in Vue. I was able to get the camera out of LW and into Vue successfully, but I'm trying to figure out a way to at least get some placeholders from my LW previz into Vue so we can populate the scene properly with the Vue objects. Any ideas?

Thanx

Fred

You can do a "save transform" on your lightwave objects and import them into Vue.