PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FiberFX in animation

Nicolas Jordan
10-01-2009, 09:40 AM
I did a simple test animation of my Woolly Mammoth in 9.6 and I get a moire like effect from frame to frame. I have tried both Final Gather and Monte Carlo radiosity methods in case that had something to do with it but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am using the Smart IBL plugin for the environment etc. I have attached screen grabs of some of my settings and a DivX compressed .AVI file of the animation. I have confirmed that the moire like effect has nothing to do with compression. I know there are very few people around here who have had any extensive experience with rendering FiberFX yet but I thought I would post just in case anyone else has come across this same problem. Any help is appreciated.

WCameron
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
try turning off the Shadow stuff in FiberFX. Namely Cast and Self Shadows. Or tweek the settings.
i Think it might be in that direction. I had a similar issue and that seemed to fix it awhile ago (back before I abandoned FFX.)

- Will.

Dodgy
10-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I'm currently testing FFX out for bug reports about this. I think the sampling for shadows leads to that moire pattern. I'll play a bit more and see what I can come up with.

Nicolas Jordan
10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Looks like your right, there is a problem with shadows in FiberFX. I guess I will have to work around it for now.