PDA

View Full Version : How Long Would You Wait For Newtek?

massmusic
10-01-2009, 07:47 AM
One week and a day ago, I phoned Newtek sales department seeking information concerning an upgrade to LW 9.6 with an additional seat. Iíve yet to receive a call back.

Since I really donít NEED to upgrade and the additional seat would be more for convenience, Iím wondering if any of you were in my position, how long would you wait for Newtek before giving up?

biliousfrog
10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
About a week ago but I'm very impatient.

What do you need to know, aren't the prices shown in the store? I just bought my upgrade from NewTek Europe's website.

cresshead
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
i'd follow up with an email to make sure that they took enough details to get back to you or if they had a databse glitch etc..computers are not 'perfect'..neither are 'people'

maybe the person took your telephone number down wrong or you have a heavy accent and he just mishead you on the call.

give up by all means but i'd personally be interested in getting that call back and woud followup just incase something went amiss on the first call.

dandeentremont
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Try posting something on the forums and see if that gets their attention :-)

Otterman
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
he just did!

Lightwolf
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I'd give them a second chance. Manure happens.

Cheers,
Mike

MooseDog
10-01-2009, 10:26 AM
if a sales department doesn't respond within two hours, they have failed at their job imho. did you leave your message on what sounded like a dept-wide voicemail? a specific person's voicemail? a company-wide voicemail?

Liber777
10-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd phone them up. Don't email them. In all the years and years I've been dealing with NewTek I don't think customer services has ever responded to an email. They're usually pretty good if I ring them, though.

hrgiger
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM
My experience with Newtek CS has generally been pretty positive. I once had an issue getting an answer about an upgrade issue but as it turned out, the girl I was contacting had been new and eventually it got sorted out. Chuck was very cool and gave me the heads up on what was going on. I'd definitely give them a call back, I wouldn't have waited a week.

Titus
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree, call them because email goes directly to dev/null.

JonW
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
It’s amazing the quick response you get if you write a very polite letter detailing your problem & putting it in the mail addressed to the CEO (use the CEO name) of the company.

I have done this to electrical supply companies, telephone etc. It works a treat, you don’t get to speak to the CEO, but you do get to speak to someone higher in the company rather than a worthless out sourced call centre .

It’s worth the stamp & paper, & you also feel better by doing a hard copy.

JMCarrigan
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
2 cents. It depends on whether or not you enjoy being a victim or would rather take charge of your needs.

Silkrooster
10-01-2009, 09:58 PM
2 cents. It depends on whether or not you enjoy being a victim or would rather take charge of your needs.

Thats a good way to put it. Just don't be the abuser. :D

massmusic
10-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

The initial contact was via a telephone call and message I left directly on a sales rep's voice mail.

Approximately 8 hours after starting this thread, a west coast sales rep from Newtek returned my call (I am on the easy coast...like 3 miles from the ocean east coast). I wasn't available, so he left a message stating the east coast rep is unavailable (only one rep per time zone?) and asked me to call him back to get the information he knew I wanted via a number that wasn't toll free. While I do have unlimited long distance I don't think that was very cool. He should have just given me the price, that is unless it is negotiable.......

Silkrooster
10-02-2009, 02:08 AM

The initial contact was via a telephone call and message I left directly on a sales rep's voice mail.

Approximately 8 hours after starting this thread, a west coast sales rep from Newtek returned my call (I am on the easy coast...like 3 miles from the ocean east coast). I wasn't available, so he left a message stating the east coast rep is unavailable (only one rep per time zone?) and asked me to call him back to get the information he knew I wanted via a number that wasn't toll free. While I do have unlimited long distance I don't think that was very cool. He should have just given me the price, that is unless it is negotiable.......
Going by what you wrote, I would come to the conclusion that the west coast rep did not want to step on the toes of the east coast rep as that would be his income from a sale. But I would assume he called you just out of courtesy. I would think tomorrow the east coast rep would call you, but I don't know.

lwaddict
10-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Only had issues with Newtek direct a couple of times...
and both times they more than took care of it.

Try calling them again.

How long would I wait though? That's another question...
Two days tops before calling...politely.

Because of my history with them, I'm a lot more lenient towards them than others.
Newtek rocks but hey, they're human beings.

Chuck
10-02-2009, 09:22 AM

I pinged the Sales director yesterday with your post, and they reviewed and no one in sales appears to have received the voicemail, so their best guess is that it may actually have gone to a customer services representative's voicemail instead of a sales representative. They'll be looking into that possibility with the CS Manager, to try to insure there are no future issues like this with messages. At any rate, I'll let Sales know today you are expecting to hear again from a sales representative.

All prices, including any current special offers, are published on the "Buy Now" pages; and for a US-based customer using the Buy Now pages is usually the quickest and most convenient way to complete a transaction, and is available 24/7 to take your order.

On behalf of NewTek, our apologies for your inconvenience due to our failure to respond to your initial voice mail.

lwaddict
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
And there you have it.

Service. :dance:

Shawn Farrell
10-02-2009, 11:51 PM
NewTek is AWEsomE and VERY BUSY so I suggest you call every number available many times until a HUMAN says "I'll ship it NO CHARGE". Thats how I work IT!

erikals
10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
And there you have it.

Service. :dance:

:agree:

massmusic
10-07-2009, 06:30 AM
I suppose no one got the message because they were tending to the cat found at the Chinese restaurant...Just kidding (but not). If no one got my call, why did I get a return call from the west coast rep? No problem guys at NT. I’ll still upgrade. Thanks for the help.

massmusic
10-07-2009, 06:37 AM
All prices, including any current special offers, are published on the "Buy Now" pages;...

I have seen the upgrade prices in the buy now section, just no info on additional seats. So Iím assuming an additional seat is ether the same price as an upgrade or the same price as the full version. Sombody please tell me where I missed the link to that information....

Chuck
10-07-2009, 09:19 AM
If no one got my call, why did I get a return call from the west coast rep?

Because, as I mentioned in my first reply, "I pinged the Sales director yesterday with your post...." She polled the sales staff, they reviewed voicemails, the west coast rep called you since the east coast rep was out that day.

massmusic
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I pinged the Sales director yesterday with your post, and they reviewed and no one in sales appears to have received the voicemail, so their best guess is that it may actually have gone to a customer services representative's voicemail instead of a sales representative.

He identified himself as a "west coast sales rep". Doesn't matter anymore. Going to just buy the upgrade via download