PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #58 - Optics

Iain
10-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Speed Modeling Challenge #58 - Optics.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
1: Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential.
How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.

2: Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.

3: LightWave should be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.

4: You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.

5: Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

**Please mention whether or not you would be happy to share the model.**

Lightwave Speed Modeling Group

Subject - Optics

A nice open one. Lenses, prisms, photographic equipment, glasses, drinks holders etc-imagination welcomed.
Lets see some Refraction!

Time Limit - 60 minutes.

Deadline - Wednesday, 7th October 2200 hrs GMT

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Funnily enough I was trying to find the time to do a set of binoculars for the camping challenge,I might get a chance to do them for this one

IMI
10-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Can I repost my opera glasses that I did way back when, near the beginning of these challenges? :D
I think it was a Victorian challenge or something like that.
Nah, just kidding.

I finally have a little free time, and hope to add something to this one. It's been too long since I last participated.

flakester
10-01-2009, 06:09 AM
!w00t!

Hopefully I can find the time for this one, might mean I get to spoon on the refraction dispersion in heaps! ~8-D

--
flakester

Iain
10-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Good show folks!
I've been really busy too and have some free time at last so I'm hoping to do some experimentation with caustics etc. Might even shake out my dusty copy of Maxwell for a play!

Shnoze Shmon
10-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Is there a tutorial on refraction somewhere? Or will LW do it automatically if you provide the right conditions with objects, lighting and activate caustics?

Iain
10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
For refraction, you just input the correct refraction index for the material. Glass is usually rated at 1.51 or so but the trick is creating a thick object like a lens from a polygonal object that has no thickness.

The dielectric material does it well.

Caustics in LW is another matter :cursin:

art
10-01-2009, 07:57 AM
A magnifying glass. Modeling took me about 25 minutes. This is a very nice render subject, but I'll probably mess it up. I'll work on it later.

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to add microbevels, which I indended to add in the first place. I still had time left and I added them after posting this, they took me 10 minutes. Is it allowed?

AdamAvenali
10-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Is there a tutorial on refraction somewhere?

i've never actually seen a tutorial for it, but what helped me with glass and refraction was learning a little about the science behind it. this site offers a nice little intro and also a pretty comprehensive list of refractive indices: http://interactagram.com/physics/optics/refraction/

Iain
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Looks great Art. Can't wait to see the render.:thumbsup:

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Great start art.
I started a microscope but ran out of time, I spent too much time fiddling with details. Bah!

colkai
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I spent too much time fiddling with details. Bah!
Heh, nice to know it's not just me does that. ;)

IMI
10-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Great start art.
I started a microscope but ran out of time, I spent too much time fiddling with details. Bah!

Man, I was going to do that!
It's the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.
Damn, I knew I should have just jumped on it and started right away. :D

Looks excellent as always! :)

IMI
10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Caustics in LW is another matter :cursin:

You sure got that right.
I've found I usually have to crank the settings waaayyyy up to get anything reasonable. Although I really have to question whether it's accurate or not.

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Heh, nice to know it's not just me does that. ;)
Ya, I sometimes forget about it being a speed model and get caught up in the pointless stuff :D

Man, I was going to do that!
It's the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.
Damn, I knew I should have just jumped on it and started right away. :D

Looks excellent as always! :)

No harm in two microscopes, especially since I ran out of time. Go for it :thumbsup:

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
A spyglass and box.
It took nearly the whole hour, mostly embedding the anchor into the lid of the box.
I will have a render soonish

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 05:14 PM
And the render

AdamAvenali
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
dang feeney... looks like we need to bring our A game :thumbsup:

R.Feeney
10-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks Adam :)
I discovered something about caustics tonight, you can have them without using the caustic button.
If you use a HDRI or luminous polys for lighting, And in the GI panel turn on - use transparency and directional rays you will get the caustics as part of the GI solution.
I have not experimented with it much yet but it seems to work and with less of a time hit that the other caustics.
I haven't figured out how to get a nice sharp one yet but I`ll work on it.

It also needs to have trace refraction turned on.

A lot of you probably already knew this but it was news to me:D
It was about 50 seconds on my very old computer to render

flakester
10-02-2009, 02:35 AM
A spyglass and box.
It took nearly the whole hour, mostly embedding the anchor into the lid of the box.
I will have a render soonish

And the render

That's an awesome piece of work right there, sub-d embedding with the anchor and all. Ace stuff Richard. :thumbsup:
And a darn-slick render too!

--
flakester

colkai
10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Richard, that spyglass render...

Frikkin' gorgeous!

JeffrySG
10-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Great entries so far everyone! :)

art
10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Here's the missing render. I could not get caustics to work so I faked it. Also, my first meaningful attempt at nodes.

AdamAvenali
10-02-2009, 10:08 AM
nice render art! :thumbsup:

hey richard, remember when i threw out the idea of moving in with you for an apprenticeship? and you said i would have to sleep in the oven. well, i'm ready to do that haha

R.Feeney
10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Great work there art:thumbsup:

R.Feeney
10-02-2009, 10:10 AM
nice render art! :thumbsup:

hey richard, remember when i threw out the idea of moving in with you for an apprenticeship? and you said i would have to sleep in the oven. well, i'm ready to do that haha

Ha :D

art
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Thank you both. Initially I started with radiosity, but ended up with 3 lights, area, point and a spotlight. The caustics button did not seem to affect anything at all. What's the secret? Also, thanks for the radiosity and caustics trick. I'll try it next time.

OnlineRender
10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
And the render

your banned from doing this (",) damn your good !

JeffrySG
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
edit: forgive my butchering of the spelling above... lol....

Well I did a kaleidoscope, I guess that fits within the optics category...

About 45min on the modeling and then a bunch of time on the texturing and layout setup. This was the first time that I tried a linear workflow after watching Matt's video tutorial on the subject so I did spend a bunch of time adjusting different settings, etc. I used art's plugin for the wire render.

I'm not too crazy about the final leather texture so I might rework that at some point if I have time.

I haven't done a challenge in a while and it was nice to jump back in! :D

OnlineRender
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
edit: forgive my butchering of the spelling above... lol....

Well I did a kaleidoscope, I guess that fits within the optics category...

About 45min on the modeling and then a bunch of time on the texturing and layout setup. This was the first time that I tried a linear workflow after watching Matt's video tutorial on the subject so I did spend a bunch of time adjusting different settings, etc. I used art's plugin for the wire render.

I'm not too crazy about the final leather texture so I might rework that at some point if I have time.

I haven't done a challenge in a while and it was nice to jump back in! :D

love the poly-flow smooooooooooooooth

Glendalough
10-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Good show folks!
I've been really busy too and have some free time at last so I'm hoping to do some experimentation with caustics etc. Might even shake out my dusty copy of Maxwell for a play!

This sounds great! Would love to see what you could do with caustics in LW and Maxwell, maybe interesting comparison or something. Have been experimenting with this glass in different renderers. Am going to make a prismatic shaped one.

R.Feeney
10-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Great work Jeffry. :thumbsup:
If you scaled down the texture on the leather by about 80% I think it would sell the leather look more

OnlineRender
10-03-2009, 01:44 PM
This sounds great! Would love to see what you could do with caustics in LW and Maxwell, maybe interesting comparison or something. Have been experimenting with this glass in different renderers. Am going to make a prismatic shaped one.

nice renders i like the modo version .looks sharper In my opp or maybe its just browser edit changed my browser opened up in firefox no its Luxrender

JeffrySG
10-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys!
Richard, I'll give that a try!... if it doesn't look good then I might switch it out for a different leather. :)

Glendalough, those are very cool samples of caustics! I think I like the lux one the best. It's interesting to see how close the lux and the modo are though.

Glendalough
10-03-2009, 03:12 PM
nice renders i like the modo version .looks sharper In my opp or maybe its just browser edit changed my browser opened up in firefox no its Luxrender

Thanks, I pestered the guys at Luxrender quite a bit so they would be glad to hear this!

Glendalough
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys!
Richard, I'll give that a try!... if it doesn't look good then I might switch it out for a different leather. :)

Glendalough, those are very cool samples of caustics! I think I like the lux one the best. It's interesting to see how close the lux and the modo are though.

Its something about the shape of the glass, sort of squarish that gives more dramatic caustics than just a round glass.

On another forum I saw these spectacular caustics from a square glass, but the glass was so thin and had such a sharp lip that it couldn't practically exist in real life. Tried to find out if the guy who posted the renders designed it intentionally this way but couldn't get an answer.

Only get a faint light when using dielectric in Lightwave and very long render times (?) Maybe it worked better in 9.2

Iain
10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Great stuff Jeffry, Art and Richard.
Interesting images too, Glendalough. I'll have a look at that tomorrow I think.

After about 10 minutes researching this topic, I had gone off on a tangent and have become obsessed with telephoto lenses!

60 minutes modelling and a few hours on texturing and render.........

R.Feeney
10-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Thats Brilliant Iain

Kuzey
10-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Thats Brilliant Iain

That sure is.....:thumbsup:

Kuzey

COBRASoft
10-03-2009, 05:44 PM
You guys have become crazy about speed modeling!

Very nice work!

Unfortunately, I have no more time to join them, too much development work...

Kuzey
10-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Here is my attempt at a steampunk goggle, this time it's my own design and I do plan to finish it later :hey:

60 minutes modelling time.

Kuzey

R.Feeney
10-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Looks great Kuzey

JeffrySG
10-03-2009, 06:25 PM

After about 10 minutes researching this topic, I had gone off on a tangent and have become obsessed with telephoto lenses!

Damn that came out great!
Great subject too!

JeffrySG
10-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Here is my attempt at a steampunk goggle, this time it's my own design and I do plan to finish it later :hey:

60 minutes modelling time.

Kuzey

That is looking very cool! Love steampunk stuff. :)

Iain
10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys.

Love that model, Kuzey!

AdamAvenali
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Iain: that might be my favorite speed model render ever :thumbsup:

JMCarrigan
10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I've used the challenge to teach things to myself, but constant "demands" to my attention.... you know. One day we're gonna move into the forest.

Anyway the latest optic one got me to wonder if I can do a glass marble. Here's the result and is not what I want but I am on aNOTHER mission to see what I can come up with.

Anyway - you guys are inspiring.

JeffrySG
10-04-2009, 01:42 PM
That does remind me of those marbles with the colored waves inside JMC!

Just tried a different texture on the kaleidoscope.

Kuzey
10-04-2009, 04:33 PM
It's not part of the challenge anymore, but here's an update on the goggles...if anyone is interested :hey:

Fun...fun...and more fun ;D

Kuzey

JMCarrigan
10-04-2009, 04:38 PM
It's not part of the challenge anymore, but here's an update on the goggles...if anyone is interested :hey:

Fun...fun...and more fun ;D

Kuzey

I luuuuv the way you model Kuzey. UFO's and everything. Matter of fact, I'm gonna study your UFO model now. :thumbsup:

colkai
10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Thats Brilliant Iain

Tootally! :)

Kuzey
10-05-2009, 07:09 AM
I luuuuv the way you model Kuzey. UFO's and everything. Matter of fact, I'm gonna study your UFO model now. :thumbsup:

Hehe....thanks for the kind words JMCarrigan :thumbsup:

Here's another update.

I'm going to take a rest from it for a bit...because the other side scares me and I have no idea what to do....yet :D

PS......Good luck with the UFO texture challenge!!

Kuzey

OnlineRender
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM

Top drawer as always ................

JeffrySG
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Hehe....thanks for the kind words JMCarrigan :thumbsup:

Here's another update.

I'm going to take a rest from it for a bit...because the other side scares me and I have no idea what to do....yet :D

PS......Good luck with the UFO texture challenge!!

Kuzey

...still looking really cool! more more more!

ps. what UFO challenge??

Kuzey
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
...still looking really cool! more more more!

ps. what UFO challenge??

Thanks JeffrySG :thumbsup:

The one at spinquad...I took part in the modelling a UFO contest and now second stage has just started....texturing the winning UFO.

You should have a crack at it, some nice prizes are up for grabs :)

Kuzey

JeffrySG
10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks JeffrySG :thumbsup:

The one at spinquad...I took part in the modelling a UFO contest and now second stage has just started....texturing the winning UFO.

You should have a crack at it, some nice prizes are up for grabs :)

Kuzey

I'll have to check it out! I haven't been over to SQ in a while now. Not sure if I'll be able to participate but I'll definitely look into it!

Are you texturing your model or one of the winning entries?

OnlineRender
10-05-2009, 10:19 AM
ye the models sweet to texture , good choice of winner .I do belive you can still jump in at this point " dont hold me to it " GL

IgnusFast
10-05-2009, 11:17 AM

Is that honestly a RENDER? Holy BUCKETS.

Kuzey
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll have to check it out! I haven't been over to SQ in a while now. Not sure if I'll be able to participate but I'll definitely look into it!

Are you texturing your model or one of the winning entries?

I'm not taking part this time around. The modelling part interested me the most and then there was a chance to win Zbrush as well :D

I plan to texture mine at a later date.

Kuzey

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Great work coming out this week guys:thumbsup:
This is an image I have wanted to do for a while now
A water-drop

flakester
10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
A water-drop

A great feeling of wet slickness to it, wonderful touch of refraction dispersion too. :thumbsup:

--
flakester

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
A great feeling of wet slickness to it, wonderful touch of refraction dispersion too. :thumbsup:

--
flakester

Well spotted:thumbsup:
My first time trying the dispersion setting, adds a little something nice to the look I think :D

OnlineRender
10-05-2009, 05:23 PM
A water-drop

AMAZIN "its tough at the top " wouldn't want to judge this one , can you have multiple winners?

Glendalough
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Well spotted:thumbsup:
My first time trying the dispersion setting, adds a little something nice to the look I think :D

Yes, very nice drop there! What's with the dispersion setting? Is this in the dielectric? You've done it subtly.

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Ya its in the dielectric node, you turn on reflection blur and the you can set a percentage for dispersion. It also seems to be varied by the roughness setting/bump height.

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Another one, this time a sniper scope.
It turned out quite messy in parts but it dosent show too much in the render.

Glendalough
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Ya its in the dielectric node, you turn on reflection blur and the you can set a percentage for dispersion. It also seems to be varied by the roughness setting/bump height.

That's interesting. A lot of render engines seem to have a parameter for this, but not sure how to use it, where it occurs, except in a prism. Mirror and metal reflections/refractions (?) seem to throw them out here and there.

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
In the real world the most obvious example would be a rainbow.
Or chromatic aberration in a camera lens. Always seems to be connected to extremely bright light or very high contrast

AdamAvenali
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM

really? you just had to didnt you? couldnt help yourself haha i already had my reference pic and all too.... :thumbsup:

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I`m Sorry :(
You could still do one anyway :)

AdamAvenali
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
haha i'm actually glad someone did because i planned on doing it this past weekend and didnt have the time and now it looks like i wont get around to it.

R.Feeney
10-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I have also been thinking of a periscope, fiber optic cable, a laser pointer, a window, a diamond and about 50 other semi random things.
But I am probably done for this week.

I was wondering if someone could start this weeks challenge for me, unfortunately I have a funeral on Wednesday\Thursday.

I thought architecture as a subject, doors, windows, stairs, rooms, buildings, that sort of thing

JeffrySG
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM

Oh nice. Love that scope. :D

AdamAvenali
10-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I have also been thinking of a periscope, fiber optic cable, a laser pointer, a window, a diamond and about 50 other semi random things.
But I am probably done for this week.

I was wondering if someone could start this weeks challenge for me, unfortunately I have a funeral on Wednesday\Thursday.

I thought architecture as a subject, doors, windows, stairs, rooms, buildings, that sort of thing

i got your back mr. feeney :thumbsup: i'll start it but you still have to be responsible for that extremely hard job of picking a winner :D

art
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I have also been thinking of a [...] a laser pointer [...]

I bet it would be fancier than mine :)
I actually did this on Friday. I was't planning on posting this as I'm not too satisfied with the results and the modeling is rather basic. Half an hour of modelind and 10 or 15 for arranging the pieces. I just wanted to do laser and mirrors. Anyway, here it is.

Iain
10-06-2009, 02:06 AM

Great model, Richard. Love the details, especially on the end cap.

I did a fibre optic cable but the render was trickier than I thought.

Iain
10-06-2009, 02:08 AM
Just tried a different texture on the kaleidoscope.

That looks much better! For the purposes of composition, I'd personally rotate the camera up a smidge to the left and maybe move the lenses closer to the kaleidoscopes. Just an opinion.

Looks great though. Love the effect on the lenses.

IMI
10-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Everything looks *awesome* this time around. I mean, just mind-blowing. :)

I got kinda busy... well no, truth be told I've been frittering away my LW time playing Call of Duty 4 online. :D

Still though I'm planning on getting an entry in some time tomorrow.

JeffrySG
10-06-2009, 06:50 AM
I bet it would be fancier than mine :)
I actually did this on Friday. I was't planning on posting this as I'm not too satisfied with the results and the modeling is rather basic. Half an hour of modelind and 10 or 15 for arranging the pieces. I just wanted to do laser and mirrors. Anyway, here it is.

That came out nice, Art. I like the idea too! I'm glad you posted it. :)

JeffrySG
10-06-2009, 08:39 AM
That looks much better! For the purposes of composition, I'd personally rotate the camera up a smidge to the left and maybe move the lenses closer to the kaleidoscopes. Just an opinion.

Looks great though. Love the effect on the lenses.

Thanks for the suggestion, Iain. :)

I adjusted the camera a bit, and also tweaked the table texture.

edit: ok, I had to try to adjust it one more time... lol

Glendalough
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes a lot of good stuff here! I like Art's laser experiment.

Managed to get a bit of caustic light out of 9.6, the absorption setting in dielectric can be tricky. Haven't got much to show only this obelisk run through the Crackit plugin, but it didn't do too much in the optics department except make a sort of pattern.

R.Feeney
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
i got your back mr. feeney :thumbsup: i'll start it but you still have to be responsible for that extremely hard job of picking a winner :D

Thanks Adam :thumbsup:

And some more great work today from you guys :)

Oedo 808
10-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow, what a great Challenge!

I'm very busy at the mo so I'm not going to be able to enter, but it's great viewing I can tell ya. Good work all!

JeffrySG
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Managed to get a bit of caustic light out of 9.6, the absorption setting in dielectric can be tricky. Haven't got much to show only this obelisk run through the Crackit plugin, but it didn't do too much in the optics department except make a sort of pattern.

The obelisk came out pretty cool with crackit. I think the texture on it keeps you from seeing the actual cracks. Cool either way though!

I did one more version... don't ask me why...

Shnoze Shmon
10-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I haven't had any luck getting a prismatic refraction in LW. Here's a screen shot of some of the settings I've tried. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

BTW I've tried the refraction index from 1.5-2.4

Iain
10-07-2009, 05:57 AM
I like that last one, Jeffry.

Simon, Lw just doesn't really hack it in the 'real physics' department. It has some great features but light dispersion and caustics effects aren't a strong point.

Just messing around with this one. (Should have subpatched the clock body).................

flakester
10-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Awesome stuff folks - all of the entries here are ace! :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm not going to have time to get something in for this one. I should get just enough time for the odd peek at how things are happening though. ;)

Keep up the grand work all.

--
flakester

JeffrySG
10-07-2009, 07:00 AM

Simon, Lw just doesn't really hack it in the 'real physics' department. It has some great features but light dispersion and caustics effects aren't a strong point.

Just messing around with this one. (Should have subpatched the clock body).................

Thanks, Iain!

I thought that was Scooby Doo from the preview pic! That came out great too!

OnlineRender
10-07-2009, 08:04 AM

just messin around ! are you sure your not just taking pictures ? :P

colkai
10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Heh, amazingly, I can actually spot the segmentation on the clock. :)

Glendalough
10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
The obelisk came out pretty cool with crackit. I think the texture on it keeps you from seeing the actual cracks. Cool either way though!

I did one more version... don't ask me why...

The last version of your work has great lighting & surfaced best imho.

Here's the cracked obelisk with dielectric set to 100 dispersion. It takes just under 40 mins to calculate the "caustics", set to highest quality and then finishes in just a few more. Didn't really turn out too well though.

Used your node setup from another thread on this forum for the magnifying glass and added an ior (refraction index?), but not sure if this is done right either? As Iain says and i'm finding out, these physics parameters or whatever you call them are not strong points in the LW render engine. Oh well, maybe next time -9.7 special render engine upgrade edition.

JeffrySG
10-07-2009, 03:03 PM

Here's the cracked obelisk with dielectric set to 100 dispersion. It takes just under 40 mins to calculate the "caustics", set to highest quality and then finishes in just a few more. Didn't really turn out too well though.

Used your node setup from another thread on this forum for the magnifying glass and added an ior (refraction index?), but not sure if this is done right either? As Iain says and i'm finding out, these physics parameters or whatever you call them are not strong points in the LW render engine. Oh well, maybe next time -9.7 special render engine upgrade edition.

oh yeah, I forgot about that node setup. :)
http://www.presetcentral.com/preset/412/

The obelisk looks much better now! you can really see the cracks in it, etc. Nice job on that version!

Iain
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok after much deliberation, I've decided that even though the quality level was high throughout, as usual, Kuzey's bizarre steampunk goggle has to take first prize.
(The condition however, is that we have to get a render of it :) )

Congratulations Kuzey!

Honorable mentions to R.Feeney, Art and JeffreySG for some cracking models.

archijam
10-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Did you tuen on LDR? Those hot spots look a bit too hot .. and that will mess with your antialiasing.

Nice nonetheless -

JeffrySG
10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Ok after much deliberation, I've decided that even though the quality level was high throughout, as usual, Kuzey's bizarre steampunk goggle has to take first prize.
(The condition however, is that we have to get a render of it :) )

Congratulations Kuzey!

Honorable mentions to R.Feeney, Art and JeffreySG for some cracking models.

Congrats Kuzey! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I too love that steampunk model!
Now render it!!!:lol:

Kuzey
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Haha.....talk about pressure, I'll work on the render but it has some ways to go yet :hey:

Thanks guys,

Kuzey

Glendalough
10-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Did you tuen on LDR? Those hot spots look a bit too hot .. and that will mess with your antialiasing.

Nice nonetheless -

LDR= Limit Dynamic Range (?) Must try that. Thanks for the tip.

And Congratulations Kuzey, Great Work!

flakester
10-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Congrats Kuzey, great stuff - can't wait to see the render! :thumbsup:

--
flakester

R.Feeney
10-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Congrats Kuzey :thumbsup:

Iain
10-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Kuzey,

Can you kick off this week's challenge?

If you are unable to someone else can do it for you.

Cheers

Iain