PDA

View Full Version : The Demo Wont let me register?

Impulse Fire911
09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi, im not sure where to post this but i odwnloaded the lightwave9 demo and it wont let me register i put in the key on the liscence thing on layout but it says it cant find the file or directory for liscence. idk what this is. i reinstalled and still same problem. i even reinstalled vista because it had been acting up so i thought it was that but its not... please any help here? it says cannot open file C:\Program Files\newtek\Lightwave 3D 9\Programs\liscence.key i dont know whats wrong i dont know if i can do much in "discovery mode" help?

shrox
09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi, im not sure where to post this but i odwnloaded the lightwave9 demo and it wont let me register i put in the key on the liscence thing on layout but it says it cant find the file or directory for liscence. idk what this is. i reinstalled and still same problem. i even reinstalled vista because it had been acting up so i thought it was that but its not... please any help here? it says cannot open file C:\Program Files\newtek\Lightwave 3D 9\Programs\liscence.key i dont know whats wrong i dont know if i can do much in "discovery mode" help?

Do you have the dongle?

Impulse Fire911
09-30-2009, 05:30 PM
im scared to as kbut what is the dongle. it says no dongle attached so what is it?

shrox
09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
im scared to as kbut what is the dongle. it says no dongle attached so what is it?

A dongle is a hardware lock, it looks like a USB memory stick, You'll have to call NewTek and tell them you want to come on board.

Impulse Fire911
09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
wait, i have to call them and they will send me a dongle just for a demo? wtf.

shrox
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
wait, i have to call them and they will send me a dongle just for a demo? wtf.

No, if you want to register. It's not free you know...

Impulse Fire911
09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
all right. btw what are the major limitations i can still render stuff out right?.....right?

AdamAvenali
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
all right. btw what are the major limitations i can still render stuff out right?.....right?

as far as i can remember, if you are running in discovery mode in modeler you can only save out models with at the most 400 points per layer, and in layout your renders will have a checkerboard watermark over them.

attached is an image i rendered after unplugging my dongle.

WCameron
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
actually if you go through the process through the Newtek website, you'll get a key thats good for 30 days
fully functional.

- Will.

shrox
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
actually if you go through the process through the Newtek website, you'll get a key thats good for 30 days
fully functional.

- Will.

Well, there you go.

BeeVee
10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Like Will Cameron says. You need to register the copy you downloaded with an account at http://register.newtek.com and you'll get a key that you can copy. Load Layout, go to the Help menu, choose Enter License, and paste it in. Hit OK, then restart LightWave for a 30-day trial. When you buy, you receive a dongle that LightWave is tied to.

B