PDA

View Full Version : Any word on 7 Pioneer with the EXPORTER?

JMCarrigan
09-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I have Vue 6 Espirit with the Botanical and Ecosystem add ons.

I have Vue 7 Pioneer and discovered today that there is a module called Exporter for 149 dollars. Anyone know if it does a decent job of outputting for Lightwave?

JMCarrigan
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Here's what it says. The Vue 7 Exporter module lets you export content to other 3D applications in a wide variety of industry standard file formats such as Discreet 3DS, Wavefront OBJ, LightWave LWO, Cinema 4D C4D, and AutoCAD DXF.

Export rocks, terrains, plants, skies, etc*. Complex geometries are automatically unwrapped with minimum distortion and exported complete with all UV mapping and texturing information. You can adjust the level of detail of for both geometry and texture maps.

lwaddict
11-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Not sure about Pioneer but I used 5 Infinite a lot for exporting of trees and plants for Lightwave...works extremely well but the polycounts were huge.

Doesn't matter as much now as it did then, so like I said, worked well back then.

Exporter is just one of the many 'modules' that was removed to make the cheaper versions, so I'm assuming it'd work fine.

Someone wanna clarify with a more recent experience?

JMCarrigan
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks lwaddict - I'd forgotten all about this what with, you know..........