PDA

View Full Version : PFHoe

symko
09-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Folks,

Someone recently sent me an export from PFHoe. When I open the LW scene I get this error: AnimLoadHandler with name MOV (.mov).
I can't seem to find the plugin in my plugins directory.

The missing plugin could account for my second question. The scene has a Parent Null and about 1000 or so null points from tracking data. Am I suppose to attach my objects to the Parent null? This might become clearer once I get the plugin situation resolved.

I'm on a Mac running 9.6 / Intel.

Thanks,
Jon

Greenlaw
09-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Hi,

I don't know if this helps, but if you were on a Windows system my guess would be that the .mov filetype is missing from the config file. That is *.mov might be missing in the entries for FileType Images and FileType Animations.

It's been quite a few years since I ran LightWave on a Mac, but I belive there is an equivalent file you can check. (Maybe called Preferences? Or it might be called LW9.cfg, just like in the Windows version.)

Greenlaw

symko
09-27-2009, 05:22 AM
I am able to export Quicktime movies and I was able to load the Quicktime video clip as a background image. So I assume that my .mov config is correct, but I'll take a second look.

dlanimation
09-27-2009, 08:30 AM
hi
i use pfhoe sometimes with lw 8.5 on an intel mac and always get a 'cant find .mov',but once i load it all the tracking points align with points in the .mov ..you can then place other lwos anywhere in scene and they should stick to where they should be as camera tracks scene ..its really the camera pfhoe makes for lw that is the key to good tracking..sounds like everything is working for you..hope this helps
dlubell

Greenlaw
09-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Okay, that sounds right. I'm beginning to thing your first thought about a plug-in being missing or broken is more like it.

I have PFHoe here, and I may have access to a Mac later tonight. If I have time, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

CC Rider
09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
you'll be able to delete as many of the nulls as you want. These were tracking points used in PFHoe to solve the track, and are really only a convenience once you open the scene in LW. Once you overcome your mov issue and can view the BG plate footage over the nulls, you can decide which nulls you need/want to keep for placement purposes you can remove the rest.
I would keep them until you can see your BG footage though.

Before deleting the nulls, play your scene without any CG objects in the scene and make sure all the nulls "stick" where they are supposed to before you start removing them.
PFHoe is notorious for providing a slipping ground plane that isn't always noticable until you open the resulting scene file in your 3D app.
Once you are confident you have a solid ground plane...delete nulls at will!

:D