PDA

View Full Version : Thundercats

blindsided
09-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I saw a thundercat logo somewhere and thought i would have a go..mixed results, and i have been a bit lazy with the framing...
let me know your thoughts..

blindsided
09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Not as Much DOF going on.
I always think my inames never look as clean, and the lines more jaggedy than everyone else who posts on here..
Could anyine give me any tips?

Iain
09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I think that looks like a great piece of modelling and the textures are good too.
You just need to think out the lighting a bit more. Slapping a HDRI on and pressing F9 gives a decent but very uninspired looking render so I'd suggest you experiment with a studio set up consisting of Luminous polygons or Area Lights.
There are a few on these forums that work well but research and practice are the best way to learn. Look at some photographers' sites or some good cgi galleries for ideas.

OnlineRender
09-25-2009, 06:14 PM
you mean this one http://www.onlinerender.com/tcfinished.jpg

got to admit your one looks more pro , :) post it on the TC fourm , they will love it .

TC are hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

blindsided
09-26-2009, 01:31 AM
:beerchug:Thanks guys, I did use an area light in my setup as well as the hdr to get a bit more shadowing, but i have to admit i never use luminos polys i will give it a go thank you.

Thats the one Online Renderer, reminded me how cool the TC logo was!! Although yours does look like it has done a few rounds with MUM'RA!:)

colkai
09-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Nice,
I did something Thundercat stylee myself a ways back. :)