PDA

View Full Version : Allow CG Overlay in the DDRs

pro---studio
09-24-2009, 03:51 AM
Hi,

In VT it is possible to overlay an CG File in the DDRs to an existing clip in the playlist.

With that it would be an easy way for us to create animated lower thirds. I can't understand why the Tricaster Broadcast doesn't support this but the VT does. Is there a way to modify an .INI or something that I can use this feature in my TCB?

Thanks

Pro

bob anderson
09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Place a 32 bit animated CG clip in a DDR. Place the DDR in the Downstream Keyer, and hit FADE. ( there are a couple of premade 32 bit clips in the NTSC demo footage, but I'm not sure in PAL units. ) I believe this is what you are asking for. If not please explain a bit more.

Bob Anderson

pro---studio
09-25-2009, 02:54 AM
That is not what I mean.

In VT you can put a videofile in a DDR. And after that a CG file. The DDR combines them to a composited clip and plays out the video together with the CG file on it.

With that it would be easy to do animated lower 3rds:

Make a animated background video clip (with alpha) combine it with a CG text and play it out via the DSK.

http://www.newtek.com/vt/tutorial_alower3rd.php

For now this feature is eliminated in TC. You cannot import a CG clip into a DDR. The DDRs just don't show up the CG files on import. In VT it is possible. Maybe Newtek could be a little generous and release a patch for that or tell us what config files to modify.

Is that possible? That would be a perfect trick for lower 3rds.

Cheers

Pro

billmi
09-26-2009, 12:15 PM
I can't understand why the Tricaster Broadcast doesn't support this but the VT does.

Quite simply, because the Tricasters are designed to be more bullet-proof by minimizing possible operations that would overtax the hardware and cause glitches.

VT, on the other hand, being built to run on user/dealer configured hardware doesn't offer that kind of protection, and leaves it up to the user to figure out what their system can handle, and choose to push past that point or not.