PDA

View Full Version : arbitary frames - bug?

biliousfrog
09-24-2009, 03:16 AM
I'll just clarify that I've discovered this issue whilst using ButterflyNet Render so it might be a problem with BNR, Lightwave or ScreamerNet although a collegue has mentioned a similar case with just ScreamerNet.

It appears that, when rendering arbitary frames, Lightwave still uses the 'single frame' value for the start and end frames.

As an example, if the timeline goes from 1-500, you've left the frame range as the default 1-60 but chosen arbitary frames 1-50, 250-500...You'll only get frames 1-50 because the rest fall outside of the 'single frame' range.

Personally, if I've chosen to render a set of frames, that's the frames I want to render. I don't see a reason to set the frame range before choosing the frames I want.

Is this a bug or a 'feature'?

09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Could it be that the feature you're after is setting the Arbitrary frames in Butterfly not relying on the ones in the LW scene file?

biliousfrog
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
it doesn't matter, it will still only render the range set in the single frames...it shows the arbitary frames anyway and renders them but only within the single frame range. Apparently is still does it in screamernet but I don't have it set up outside of BNR.