PDA

View Full Version : Real Lemmings plugin/script?

Cageman
09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi guys,

I was going to toy with real Lemmings (the simple crowd system for LW) to see what it has to offer, but the installer says: Extracting files, but I don't know where it extracts them? Since it is a free tool, I wonder if anyone has the actual plugins/scripts somewhere on their harddrive?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

adk
09-23-2009, 11:59 PM
... I've got a ZIP of the original on CD somewhere. Not sure if that would help tho as it sounds like that's exactly what you have. See if I'm successful at getting to the plugin/script and let you know how I go :)

Cageman
09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks! :)

MUCUS
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
That's look interesting! I've find the old site on web archive (http://web.archive.org/web/20060206233025/3d-motions.com/lightwave-real-lemmings.html), but unfortunatly, the download section is out...is there a new site to find it?
If not, it could be nice if someone could share it :)

adk
09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
PM's sent :thumbsup: .... don't get too excited tho as it's not as fancy pants as it looks / sounds. Plus it doesn't save any settings with the latest LW so not sure how handy it actually might be. From a quick muck about it's nothing you couldn't accomplish with a few DPont's nodes perhaps.

Cageman
09-25-2009, 03:46 AM
I havn't got around to try it yet, but I found Bugz which I used to create a flocking behaviour. Nothing I can show, but Bugz does a good job depending on what you want to use it for.

Cageman
09-25-2009, 03:48 AM
PM's sent :thumbsup: .... don't get too excited tho as it's not as fancy pants as it looks / sounds. Plus it doesn't save any settings with the latest LW so not sure how handy it actually might be. From a quick muck about it's nothing you couldn't accomplish with a few DPont's nodes perhaps.

Yeah... a particle system + Node Item Motion is really neat, but sometimes particles can be tricky to controll. It is ALWAYS great to have many ways to go about solving a problem, and now I have:

DPKit+NodeItemMotion
Bugz
Real Lemmings

and, of course, doing it all by hand (really not an option).

:)