PDA

View Full Version : Help

JohnMarchant
09-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I have some flat planes in one layer (First) and i have an object in another layer (Second). I want to replace all the polys in the first layer with the object in the second layer in exactly the same position as the polys in the first layer.

Im sure there was a way to do this.

Thanks John

MUCUS
09-23-2009, 09:18 AM
I would have a try with point clone plus, but it need some points and no polys to work, here the way (and the flat poly must be 4 points poly)

- go to the layer with flats polys, subdive it (shift+d), now you have all 2D poly subdivided with one center point

-select all this center point, delete the other. (For quickly select all the center points: after duplicate all the poly, just open the statistic panel (hit "w"), be sure that you are in point selection mode and clic the little "+" next to "4 polygons" in the statistic panel. Then all the center point are selected, now you can copy paste them or invert the selection and delete the other)

-now go to the layer with the object you want to duplicate, put the layer with points in background, go to multiply>duplicate>more>point clone plus and setup it.

Hope it could help! (this tips is longer to explain than to do! :) )

JohnMarchant
09-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks Mucus, great minds think alike thats what im doing as we speak. Just thought there might be a script or plugin like point clone plus called poly clone plus. Cant be hard just use pivot as the center.

Regards John

MUCUS
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
John yes I would like this king of plugin too!
Olivier thank you! never use the collapse tool before, great tips! :thumbsup: