PDA

View Full Version : Snapping

Clive Edwards
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
I've been trying to model a building using a floor plan in a background layer but there doesn't seem to be a way to snap geometry to the background layer. I also have LWcad and for some reason the snap panel doesn't come up when I click on it. It just brings up the whole issue of snapping and being accurate in LW.
Any help much appreciated.
Clive

jaf
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Try SP_Move from pictrix
( http://www.lwplugindb.com/Search.aspx?At=PICTRIX ).

I don't think there's a 64 bit version though, but it's probably a good idea to have the 32 bit LW installed along with LW64 for those plugins that haven't been compiled to 64 bit.

Riff_Masteroff
09-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Interesting. My current work flow is to use 9.6 Layout 64bit along with 9.6 Modeler 32bit. This is because I need 32bit Modeler plug ins. The hub, of course, is off with the -0 switch.

In LWCAD, I also have had problems with large, dirty ACAD files used for backround snapping. I generally cleanup the ACAD file by removing all of the unnecessary layers. Then I remove tons of duplicate geometry, merge points and such. For me, LWCAD works fine in snapping to the backround layer. It just needs a backround layer that a computer can understand.

jaf
09-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, I wish there was an option of immediate Hub closing (instead of the minimum 1 minute) when exiting LW64 (or vice-versa LW32) is exited.

I use the "-c" option with LW32 and the default with LW64 to keep the configuration file separate. Not sure what happens if running Modeler64 and then (by mistake) starting Layout 32. Maybe a "smart" Hub?