PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Paint question

Noclar7
08-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I had posted this in the third party section with no reply yet so I'll try here

Vertex Paint painting question
Hey all,

Ive been editing some maps quite a bit in vertex paint recently and Im coming arcoss the same annoyance every time.
Does anyone know how to shut off automatic painting threw the object to the other side?
What I mean by that is, if you have a object, and you paint weights using the OVR mode on one side , if you hit a vertex on the opposite side you cant see it will paint that as well. So, im stuck trying to angle and hide parts all the time to be able to paint properly.

Its probably just one of those invisible buttons ??

Thanks,
RJ

Dodgy
08-28-2003, 11:52 AM
There's a front button, but I'm guessing you already found that and found that it doesn't stop you painting on front facing (but behind other faces) polys.

The best way is to cut your object into bits and paint it that way. When you paste and merge it back together the weight values of the shared vertices will be averaged, so it should all still hang together. It's a really good way of working once you've tried it :)

Castius
08-28-2003, 02:09 PM
front works here but the more your object is angular the less it can work. Just make a morphs and smooth the crap out of it. Them change to the morph in VP for editing.