PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lightwve Core

simonlion
09-17-2009, 04:39 AM
What Is LW Core,, Is this the next upgrade to LW 9.6 ?
What Is the $495.00 membership for ?
Thanks
Simon

Tesselator
09-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Membership gets you:

Exclusive access to ongoing builds of LightWave CORE™
Membership begins immediately, and will be valid for one year after delivery of first LightWave CORE build.
Shipping version of the LightWave CORE™ software scheduled for Q4 release
Continued updates to LightWave v9
First to receive the Cocoa version of LightWave
Private community area with forums for interaction with one another and the LightWave CORE™ development team
Exclusive development presentations and updates
LightWave CORE™ training videos
VIP invitations to special events
Personalized membership card
Exclusive LightWave CORE™ t-shirt

LW Core simply put, is happiness! But for more detail look here: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/core/index.php Under the "What Is Lightwave Core™" section. ;)

Weetos
09-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Tess ! Wow it's been a while ! Nice to hearing from you, and I'm glad to see you're part of the HC program ;)
what have you been up to ?

hrgiger
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Whoa yeah, hey Tess. I haven't seen you in a while here.

DreamWeaver
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't see why lightwave v9 and core should have anything to do with each other. Especially a functional mac build that was promised long before the announcement of core.

simonlion
09-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks Tess.
Simon

cresshead
09-18-2009, 01:30 AM
I don't see why lightwave v9 and core should have anything to do with each other. Especially a functional mac build that was promised long before the announcement of core.

read up on it...lightwave HC and Core will work hand in hand until CORE can deliver all the tools/capabilities and beyond what lightwave HC helps out on within the interim period that covers Core's development and growth as new tools come online.

lightwave HC is a separate advanced custom version of lightwave to work specifically alongside and with CORE, you should think of lightwave HC more as lightwave 10.

TheDynamo
09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
All of a sudden I had this brief flashback of the 90's.

"By your powers combined, I am Lightwave X!"

Lightwave HC + Core = Captain Planet

Must have had some weird bean juju in the coffee this morning.

-Rob

toby
09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
The best news here would be if all further updates of 9.6 contained no new features, just bug fixes. Sounds likely, but does anyone know if this is true?

erikals
09-26-2009, 03:51 AM
yes, i think i read that somewhere else, stating 9.6.1 will be a bug fix, i also read the beta of it will start soon,...
(that was like 3 weeks ago or so...)