PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rent out ThreePlay?

rally1
09-17-2009, 01:29 AM
We need to rent one to prove it's worth buying. Unless someone offers test drives...
PM or post please.

bob anderson
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Rally1: Yes we do, and we are in your area. Call (818) 760 4445 and talk to Brenda in our sales department.

Bob Anderson
TS Computers & Video, Inc.

DeanAU
09-20-2009, 12:05 AM
How about anyone in the Australian area (for this time next month) ?

Zane Condren
09-20-2009, 06:27 AM
How about anyone in the Australian area (for this time next month) ?

Contact our Australian Distributor Admiex http://www.adimex.com.au/content.php?s=31

They should be able to put you in touch with someone to help you out.

PIZAZZ
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I have a current passport and have been wanting to travel back down under for quite some time.

Maybe that should be my new slogan, "have 3play ready to play wherever"

I missed out on the WSOP Europe this year so I could use the air miles. ;)

I of course can ship 3Play rentals here in the domestic US also. With or without an operator.

DeanAU
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds great Pizazz -

Contacted Adimex zane.. thanks :)

PIZAZZ
09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Sounds great Pizazz -

Contacted Adimex zane.. thanks :)

Off Topic -- I know I know

Hey Dean, Is there still a place in Sydney called OZ Rock Cafe? I believe it was in the ?? King's Cross/Crossing ?? area. It really has been a long time since I was there. Let's just say that the Oz Rock Cafe had a bit of the Hard Rock Cafe styling. Ok, it was basically a rip off. I still think I have the TShirt somewhere. Good times I do remember that.

Hope things work out for you on your upcoming project. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

DeanAU
09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey,

Not sure, haven't heard of it. :S

We've booked a 3play for our event now thru a local distributor - so the only puzzle piece I need now is a live stats. (oh and a cycling type transition would be good too!)

Can anyone link me to the PDF manual?

Regards

jcupp
09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/3PLAY/3Play_Manual_july.23.09.pdf

DeanAU
09-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks Jeff - looks a tad complicated!

jcupp
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
No, it's as simple as it could possibly be and still do the job. Press record. Hit a key to mark a replay. Hit a key to play the replay. Controls to adjust in and out points, play back speed, camera selection and list management.

Takes just a few minutes to grok how it works then a little practice is all you need to use it effectively.:yoda:

SBowie
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll second that. A TriCaster is pretty easy to use, but it's much more complex than 3Play from the operator's standpoint.

DeanAU
10-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Idiot question -

If I have cameras 1-3 running THROUGH the 3Play like so:

Camera - > 3Play -> Tricaster

Is the operator able to cue up replays without disturbing the live output.. in 1 out mode?

Also if i put one format in (svideo) can i take another out (comp).

Regards

jcupp
10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
You really need at least four inputs to your switcher (TC Studio or Broadcast) to make use of the single output mode of the 3Play with three cameras. Then the technical director would select between the three live cameras or the replay from the 3Play.

In three output mode the TD selects between the 3 camera views and the 3Play operator selects whether that is a live camera or a replay.

See my crude attached diagram.

If you have six inputs to your switcher you can run both the direct camera feeds and the three 3Play outputs and give the most control to the TD.

Yes you can go in svideo and out composite, The only limitation is all the inputs and outputs must be the same resolution i.e. 480i or 720p etc.

DeanAU
10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Ah that threw a spanner in the works!

We're now splitting the input before 3play and splitting it to 3play and tricaster. (we have 6 cams in total) Surely a "3 Thru 1 out" would make a whole lot more sense?

edmellnik
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
OK, SO I have a client that wants to be able to replay funny moments during a live broadcast stream.

I am using 4 cameras into my Broadcast Tricaster. So I would take the output of the 3play and put it into a 5th input....?

Then I would be able to mark something that just happened and play it back at somepoint later in the broadcast without stopping the recording?

Dont really need three symultaneous angles recording since only interested in one or two of the cameras going to 3 play.

I guess I would need to find one for rent.

PIZAZZ
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM
OK, SO I have a client that wants to be able to replay funny moments during a live broadcast stream.

I am using 4 cameras into my Broadcast Tricaster. So I would take the output of the 3play and put it into a 5th input....?

Then I would be able to mark something that just happened and play it back at somepoint later in the broadcast without stopping the recording?

Dont really need three symultaneous angles recording since only interested in one or two of the cameras going to 3 play.

I guess I would need to find one for rent.

All of that would be a piece of cake with a Broadcast and a 3Play.

Just DA your cameras into both and you are good to go.