PDA

View Full Version : blinking screen

lwnewbie
09-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi. I hope this is the correct forum for this. Whenever I launch lightwave, layout, or modeler, my screen blinks. It doesn;t go blank, it just blinks. It doesn't do this in any other app I have on my system. I'm using the ATI Radeon 3650 AIW graphics card from Diamond Multimedia. Could it be the refresh rate? My processor is Intel Core i7 920. Asus p6t mobo, and 4gigs of mem. Any ideas or fixes would be appreciated. Thanks.

massmusic
09-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Does it on mine too, as does Premiere but no other app

lwnewbie
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Does it on mine too, as does Premiere but no other app
Hi. Hopefully within this forum we can find an answer to our problem. I'm gonna try something with my graphics card, and let you know if it worked.

lwnewbie
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi again. I updated my display driver for my graphics card before I installed lightwave. I just rolled back to the previous version of my graphics card, and rebooted. I started lightwave modeler and it's NOT blinking anymore. I am going to try this; reinstalling the update to my display driver, and see if Lightwave still blinks. I do know If you do not have to update your display drivers, don't.

massmusic
09-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Actually I don't know if Modler ever blinked because most of the time when I launch it Layout is already open. It probably has to do with the graphics card though and since my system is as stable as a Windows platform can be, I won't change a thing. Also of note, Premeire only does the blink when I have actual video in the bins and on the timeline.