PDA

View Full Version : Where has spreadsheet gone

JohnMarchant
09-16-2009, 03:41 AM
Have not used this in a bit but now have need of it but cant find it anywhere ??

Matt
09-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Isn't it in the 'new' scene editor/dopesheet.

evenflcw
09-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Spreadsheet had/has some features the new scene editor still lacks. For example, it had renaming. You might still find it in the legacy plugins folder (needs to be added manually) if it's not in the regular one. It will be accisible through the Master plugins panel and you might be able to run it, or you might not. It has at times crashed on startup, worked in some releases but not in others. It is obviously dropped in favor of the Scene Editors Property SHEET!

JohnMarchant
09-16-2009, 06:33 AM
I miss not being able to change things on multiple objects especially if your dealing with over 1000 lights and flares. Thanks guys i will have a mooch around

dwburman
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
You can still do this in the new scene editor. :)

I miss not being able to change things on multiple objects especially if your dealing with over 1000 lights and flares. Thanks guys i will have a mooch around

JohnMarchant
09-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes you can but only some things. You cant change the color of multiple objects in scene editor also you cant change multiple settings in lens flare sub menus. Spreadsheet when it works was far better to deal with alot of stuff.

dwburman
09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Interesting, there's a surface properties section in the scene editor, but no editable options show up in the columns. Bummer.

Good luck getting spreadsheet to work :)

JohnMarchant
09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Well spreadsheet works to a degree, well more control than scene editor anyway. I wish that NT would sort out all these problems and half baked tools before 9.6.1 comes out

bjornkn
09-16-2009, 02:02 PM
In the Property sheet there are narrow columns on the left of each item. Dragging there, and/or Ctrl+click each item you want to change. They get small yellow numbers to show that they are active.
Then an Adjust Properties panel pops up where you can change all at once.
This works for both surfaces and items/objects/lights.
No nodes AFAIK.
Renaming is done by r-clicking an item and selecting Rename from the context menu.
No batch renaming, but I guess that's an understandable limitation?
Neither can you batch change a light type to a 3rd party plugin light type.