PDA

View Full Version : Make custom menu items in Layout appear like default menu items

OlaHaldor
09-16-2009, 03:01 AM
I've just bought FPrime (wooho!) but I'd like to make it stand out a little in the menu, and have all the items available like the other items like you have a dark grey bar for the category like "Load", and underneath there's the colored buttons for Scene, From Scene, Object, Object Layer... And a new group for "Add" Null, Lights, etc..

What I'd like is not a drop down list, more like a heading which says "FPrime" or so.

What I've achieved so far is a drop down list right underneath "Parent in Place". I have no clue what so ever on how to make that little space between menu items. You all know what I'm talking about, I hope. If not, see the attached image.

zardoz
09-16-2009, 03:47 AM
customizing the menus (Alt-F10) you can click on NEW GROUP and then drag the fprime buttons under this one.

evenflcw
09-16-2009, 03:49 AM
How a menu group appears is solely dependent on what level you place it at (in the hierarchy). Highest level makes it a tab, below that makes it a section (what you want!), and below that still makes it a popup menu. So just place it higher up in the hierarchy. It might be abit fiddly, especially if it is the last or first entry.

Bonus:
As an alternative to dividers ("----------") you can also create nameless empty groups, which will simply create space inbetween sections/buttons. :)

virtualcomposer
09-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Can you make LScripts a custom button as well such as the untriangulate script. I hate having to go into the file and click on it everytime.

zardoz
09-16-2009, 04:36 AM
I never go into the file. I make buttons for all of them.

OlaHaldor
09-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks for your answers and effort guys. However, I can't get this to work at all.
See link provided with a vide of me messing around... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUjst3ziJFY

Where am I doing it wrong? What am I doing wrong? Would someone please provide either a still or a video to show how to?

evenflcw
09-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Oh the "Top Group"! Supposedly it won't work for that. It is basically a hardcoded section, and you can't create sections within sections. Hierarchy and all...

So if you want the fprime section visible in all tabs, you'll have to copy it to all tabs. Can't rely on Top Group if you want a section, apparently.

OlaHaldor
09-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Ah, crap.. Allright, I somehow magically managed to separate it from "Parent in Place" at least.

Thanks guys!

BeeVee
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM
That's not true! I have my FPrime group on the Top group. I am using Windows 32-bit, but I've done it on my 64-bit setup too.

B

evenflcw
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Except he specifically didn't want a popup! He wanted it to be like the Rotate/Transform/General groups in your screenshot. What I called a "section". Atleast that's how I understood it.

BeeVee
09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. Sorry (blush)

B

ramccombe
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
If I understand what you want, here are 2 images that might help. It looks like you're using the default menu layout, if so just place each of the FPrime plugins under "Parent in Place" respectively as shown in images. Hope this helps.

ramccombe
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I see you what you want. Sorry I misunderstood.

ramccombe
09-16-2009, 07:52 PM
If this helps at all, the option I showed does keep the FPrime buttons always on top (Visible) if that is your concern. I can't find a way to create the dark category bar you want.:cursin:

Matt
09-17-2009, 03:31 AM
The 'Top Group' only allows popup menus for grouped items, or single buttons.

OlaHaldor
09-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Making it always available wasn't the problem, but I'd like to have a divider with a title on it like "Load", "Add", "Replace" has.

But I've come to accept the few pixels of division that I get now.

The empty line is a group.