PDA

View Full Version : LightWave in Amsterdam, 9 23/34 - US users take note, too

Stranahan
08-28-2003, 06:58 AM
I don't normally single out events, but we have training coming up in about 3-4 weeks in Europe. We're doing events in London and Amsterdam, and info is available on LearnLightWave.com.

However, I want to call special attention to the Amsterdam training because it's a special format and ticket prices to Europe are CHEAP right now. So I'm mentioning this event both European and US LightWave users. (Ask your accountants about it, too...)

The Amsterdam class will be held at my rented apartment in Amsterdam. This mean enrollment is limited, and it also means I can do things like provide meals and beverages for attendees. So, this seminar will include things like...

1) Two days of acclaimed LightWave 7.5 training
2) Some training to get you ready for LW8
3) A free Digitial Fusion mini-seminar the first night..
4) Small class size
5) 4 CDs packed with content
and most importantly..
6) Texas Chili!!! That's right - I'm going to cook some real Texas food for my European friends and I make damn good chili.

All for just 199 Euros - it's going to be a great learning experience and FUN!

Amsterdam is one of the greatest cities in the world, in my opinion. Great people, great museums, and one of the most open and free cultures on earth. I hope you consider attending this seminar, or our London seminar. (We have also begun to reschedule US seminars for Dallas, Austin, Detroit, Newark, Hartford and more...)

To sign up just go to http://www.learnlightwave.com/

DarkLight
08-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Hi Lee,

Do you know where you are going to be holding the London event yet?

Stranahan
08-28-2003, 07:42 AM
Not yet - should know by early next week...

I'm hoping to do it a dealership - any suggestions are welcome, too...

DarkLight
08-28-2003, 07:48 AM
I don't really know the London area well so i can't make any suggestions. I just hope you find somewhere easy to get to :D

glassefx
08-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Lightwave, Learning, Amsterdam, B.T's, sounds like a wet-dream to me.

robinson
08-28-2003, 11:02 AM
I want this Texas Chilli !!! :D

Sounds great Lee, if somebody from my area (Berlin/Germany) wants to join me Iím in.
So to all the German users, just send me a message. (Christophe ? )
Maybe we could organize this trip together and save some money that way, I could organize a car !!!

BTW Lee if there is some space one the floor, could I sleep there ???
I have never been to Amsterdam before so I will properly just need it for a few hours in the night (between 6 Ė 8 am). :D

See you
Robinson
:)

robinson
08-28-2003, 02:08 PM
OK Lee, I'm comming...:D

Limbus
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
:mad: I would love to come but I`m on vacation. I just hate to miss out on the texan chili.
Please push the date back 1 week. I buy you a Royal with cheese :D .

Florian

grundgedanke
08-29-2003, 01:35 AM
mhhh, really looking forward for that. what is it about that lw8 stuff!?!?!?

i love chilli....i am getting hungry while reading that...

facial deluxe
08-29-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey, I see no mention of the Chili recipe beeing burnt on the CDs :rolleyes:

Stranahan
08-29-2003, 04:19 AM
There's really no specific recipe - depends on the ingredients I can get my hands on. Here in Austin, it usually involves some Shiner Bock beer and fresh chilis. I don't know what the pepper situation will be like in Amsterdam. Same with the beans...

(Okay, I know I know - there's ONE ingredient that's in Amsterdam for sure...but I'm not including that. Although, maybe I should make brownies, too!)

grundgedanke
08-29-2003, 04:20 AM
brownies!!!!!!!! yesss!

richpr
08-29-2003, 04:41 AM
If you're looking for peppers in Holland try any Indonesian or Surinam place (a 'toko') and get yourself some 'sambal', a liquid of ground red peppers with added spices... And there are many of these places, especially in A'dam...

Have fun!!!

kevman3d
08-29-2003, 05:48 AM
Mmmmm... Yummy! Sambal Oelek - I love that stuff! Dang, I'm thinking I'd come to the event just for the Chili! :)

glassefx
08-29-2003, 06:41 AM
You should throw a delecious ole' spacecake into the oven.

They go with 3d like toast and jelly go with each other so well.
;)

robinson
08-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Hi Lee,

a few days ago I signed up for the LightWave Worldwide Community Tour event in Amsterdam.
Iím not sure if everything worked with paypal, so Iím not sure if I really signed up for the event either.
Can I check it somewhere, I just received a message that Iím a member of Learningstop.com nothing else !

Hope to see you in Amsterdam

Robinson:)

btw are you responding to your hotmail address ?

facial deluxe
09-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi Lee,

There might be a chance for me to come, is there any room left ?

Stranahan
09-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Yes, there is - just signup at LearnLightWave.com

Stranahan
09-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Just bought my tickets for London and Amsterdam...

Just mentioning this in case anyone is worried - Europe is 100%.

marc
09-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I know, people made this suggestion in the video thread already, but still: I happen to be moving to Berlin on the 22nd/23rd. Why don't you give the city a visit, too ;) ?

Marc

Stranahan
09-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Next time we visit Europe, I will visit Germany. This will be in 2004 sometime.

In the MEANTIME, Amsterdam and London are going to be great fun....

For instance, if anyone brings a laptop with Battlefield 1942 on it, we'll network to mine....then we can play Germans vs. US on a Dutch map....and really have it BE Germans vs. US, in The Netherlands. Maybe I'm too much of a nerd to see how politically incorrect this might be.

Oh, yeah - we'll teach LightWave, too.

marc
09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Stranahan
Next time we visit Europe, I will visit Germany. This will be in 2004 sometime. That's great to hear.
I wish I could go to Amsterdam or London. It'll clearly be more fun than moving house...

Marc

robinson
09-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Hi Lee,

sorry to bother you again but Iím still waiting for my registration confirmation for the event in Amsterdam !!!
Please≥ Lee reply to my email address ( [email protected] ) or on this forum !!! I really need to plan my trip to AmsterdamÖ

See you Robinson

and welcome to Berlin Marc :D

grundgedanke
09-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Next time we visit Europe, I will visit Germany. This will be in 2004 sometime.

In the MEANTIME, Amsterdam and London are going to be great fun....

For instance, if anyone brings a laptop with Battlefield 1942 on it, we'll network to mine....then we can play Germans vs. US on a Dutch map....and really have it BE Germans vs. US, in The Netherlands. Maybe I'm too much of a nerd to see how politically incorrect this might be.

Oh, yeah - we'll teach LightWave, too.

yeahhh, great idea. lets kick somes asses :D great!

DarkLight
09-04-2003, 01:03 AM
Lee,

Any further word on the location of the London event yet? need to know so i can organise somewhere to stay.

robinson
09-04-2003, 06:07 PM
hehe, just booked my hotel... :D

Ok Lee,

i will definitely be there, everything worked out with paypal, hotel and bus tickets (Berlin-Amsterdam, damn 10 h).
Iím just staying one night so please take it easy on meÖ:o

grundgedanke
09-04-2003, 11:44 PM
jipieh, just received the ok for my hotel reservation in amsterdam. and its just a few meters away from the training location :-) ok, a few meters on the map. maybe some hunderts in real :D

Stranahan
09-04-2003, 11:45 PM
If anyone taking the seminar DOES need a place to crash, there are a couple of single beds in the apartment. Ask me about the rate if you're interested...

robinson
09-04-2003, 11:55 PM
If anyone taking the seminar DOES need a place to crash, there are a couple of single beds in the apartment. Ask me about the rate if you're interested...

Damn Lee, thatís almost to late...
How much is it ? I can still cancel my hotel reservation, is toooooo expensive anyway !!! I would sleep on the floor !!!:(
So what's the rate ???

See you
Robinson

Stranahan
09-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Let's just say 35 Euros?

robinson
09-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Let's just say 35 Euros?

Let's say 25 Ä and I own you a six pack, you know GERMAN BEERÖ:D
Hehe, 35 Ä would be alright too, Iím just staying for one night 23/24.

But you can still chose between 10 Ä or six pack !!! ;)

OK Lee, canceled my Hotel... :eek:

wozzyke
09-05-2003, 02:30 AM
Hey man that would be cool to be able to sleep at that location, as I'm a student, an hotel will be not cheap enough me but this sounds very interesting.

How many nights can we use such a bed, and do we pay 35euro or less only for the bed? Or do we get breakfast too?
Just a question though.

thanks anyway

Wozz

Stranahan
09-05-2003, 12:04 PM
35 would be for the run of the apartment - I'm just saying, there are two single beds in the living room. But you'd be free to use the kitchen, living room, etc...this is much nicer than a hotel. Please be smoke friendly.

Sure, I'll make breakfast - I like cooking, and I made a damn good omelette...

To make sure I don't double-book, if you're interested send me email at [email protected] and say what nights you'd be staying.

robinson
09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
35 would be for the run of the apartment - I'm just saying, there are two single beds in the living room. But you'd be free to use the kitchen, living room, etc...this is much nicer than a hotel. Please be smoke friendly.

Sure, I'll make breakfast - I like cooking, and I made a damn good omelette...

To make sure I don't double-book, if you're interested send me email at [email protected] and say what nights you'd be staying.

I'M IN :D

wozzyke
09-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Lee I mailed you also, dont know if you got the mail, but I forgot to mention I'll have to stay 2 nights: tuesday and wadnesday if thats not a problem. Let me know if thats OK

grundgedanke
09-06-2003, 04:01 AM
it seems that this event will bring some more pounds / kilos to our bodys beside the learning lw effect :D