PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for people working in the Industry.

robert_Lavigne
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi,

My name is Robert Lavigne. In the summer of 2008 I was involved in a workplace accident. This accident broke my back and pelvis and left me in the hospital for 4 months. Over the last year I have relearned to walk and progressed quite far. I still have several limitations such as needing crutches to walk, and have lost the use of my right foot.

For the last few years I have been animating as a hobby and have now decided to pursue animation as a career. To get the training I need I have chosen and been accepted into Animation Mentorís Character Animation program. To be able to afford tuition for this program I need to get assistance from the workers compensation branch of my provincial government. In order to get this assistance I need to fill out a vocational information package regarding the career my training will lead to. Part of the vocational package includes contacting 4 people in the industry. If you have the time I would greatly appreciating you answering a few questions for me.

-What is your Name, Place of employment, and some sort of contact information?
-What are the typical hours of work to be expected per week?
-What are the advantages and disadvantages of this job?
-What opportunities for advancement are there in this job?
-What is the salary for entry level employees? After 5 years?
-Would my physical limitations prevent or limit my ability to perform this job?
-What level of education is needed for employment?
-How many employees have been hired in the last year?
-How many employees are employed in total at one time?

If you are able to help me with this please PM me or email me at [email protected] Thanks.

robert_Lavigne
09-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks a lot to those who have helped me out with this. I now have the necessary information to complete the package.