PDA

View Full Version : That lovely freestuff

ackees
08-28-2003, 06:32 AM
The freestuff collection is fantastic, great idea.
I just wonder if there could also be LW 3D related freestuff, you know amazing Lscrspts, models, scenes etc. I know there is stuff out there, but it would be nice to see a central contribution from NT ( I don?t know, some users never get enough do they?).

marlo.steed
08-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I agree. There is stuff out there if you are willing to hunt and peck around. But it would be nice to have a centralized repository. Strata 3D has sponsored such a site for Strata 3D users (a software application I used to use until it became too restrictive but I still think it is one of the more user friendly applications). Check it out:

http://www.stratacafe.com/resources.asp

It is basically an online database of textures and models that have been contributed by the Strata community. Occasionally put on a contest. Very cool.

Why couldn't there be such a meeting place for Lightwave users?

Chuck
08-29-2003, 03:42 PM
We're working on other kinds of free content. The purpose of the textures is to have something with the kind of appeal that will bring lots of folks who may not already have NewTek products to our site, where they can get a little exposure to our products as they download files. As such it as been very successful. But in future we also plan to have some great content collections for our NewTek product users, in addition to the tutorial content we've been concentrating on increasing for the last year.

ackees
08-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks chuck. I am really looking forward to the new content. The tutorials are great too, I always take a look to see the new ideas floating about. How difficult would it be to produce a LW plugin so that if you didnt own LW you could load the free plugin and view or render out a LW scene from any application that supports it (naturally the render would have limitations).