PDA

View Full Version : Hub Problem

BGmiller
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Lightwave 8 moddler will not connect to the hub. I've never had this happen before. Anyone know how to connect it?

BGmiller
09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes. That doesn't do anything. In Layout it gives an error message "Moddler is not attached to the hub." How do I attach it?

BeeVee
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Are you running LightWave under Windows? If so, quit everything: Layout, Modeler and Hub. Then do a search for LWHUB8.CFG - it will almost certainly be in your documents and settings folder if you are running XP. Delete that, then start Layout. Once it's running, start Modeler from the Start Menu or the original icons (the Modeler button or F12 shortcut will not work). Once started, close Modeler, then close Layout and the Hub.

Start Layout again and the F12 shortcut should work fine.

B
PS. If you are still running 8.0, all upgrades to 8.5 are free and cure bugs and add features.

BGmiller
10-16-2009, 07:47 PM
I am running windows 2000 professional.
Tried that, still doesn't work. I've got other problems too. I am going to reformat C and try again. All my programs are on D.

biliousfrog
10-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Check that a firewall isn't blocking it, also Quicktime could cause some problems with LW8+ although it was a long time ago so I can't remember what exactly it used to do.