PDA

View Full Version : Avatar 3D

markglover7
09-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I would like to ask a question regarding a problem that has been troubling me for a while now.

Since I was 5, I have had non binocular vision, meaning that my left eye is dominant over my right. I remember experiencing 3D when I was young with the blue and red glasses and I can remember this working at the time and I enjoyed the experience.

What I would like to know is if with Avatar I will be able to see the 3D with non binocular vision??

Thanks as this has been worrying for me.

mattclary
09-15-2009, 09:27 AM
If your left eye is dominant, no doctor has ever suggested putting a patch over it to strengthen the right eye?

cresshead
09-15-2009, 09:37 AM
If your left eye is dominant, no doctor has ever suggested putting a patch over it to strengthen the right eye?

yeah i had the 'patch thing' in the 60's..
i'm surposed to waer glasses..ditched 'em in 1979 when i left school.
naughty naughty me...:D

:gotpics:

cos i can't see a thing!...can't even find the opticians!:o

markglover7
09-15-2009, 09:40 AM

I spoke to an optician about that last year and he told me that was experimental decades ago but they dont do it anymore.

Do you think I would still be able to experience the 3D?

Stooch
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Since I was 5, I have had non binocular vision, meaning that my left eye is dominant over my right. I remember experiencing 3D when I was young with the blue and red glasses and I can remember this working at the time and I enjoyed the experience..

you just answered your own question.

if your left eye is dominant, i suggest you sit on the left side of the theater so that your right eye gets more love. lol.

SplineGod
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
There is a small portion of the population that cannot see in stereo 3d.

4dartist
09-15-2009, 04:19 PM
A co-worker here can't watch 3d movies w/out seeing 2 versions of everything. Not sure what his official diagnosis was or anything, but it certainly applies to polarized 3d, red/blue 3d, or even the eye test at the DMV.

markglover7
09-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I think its only the red blu 3d that i would have trouble with as this means that both my eyes have to be working. But does this mean if avatar is in 3d polarised that i will see it?

Tobian
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I think the only way you're going to find out is to go and see it TBH. However, the polarised spectacles are MASSIVELY better than the red/blue system, as I always found that quite uncomfortable, and it does cause fighting in your eyes. With polarised you're going to see the it much more naturally akin to how you see the world, so the answer to the question will be: Can you see the world in stereoscopic NOW? If not then it won't work for you :D

My left eye is a a lot more dominant than my right, and the perscriptions for my eyes are different (though not much) and I can see the stereo effect just fine. As Stooch pointed out though, I think you answered your own question already, as polarised glasses are just a different application of the same basic concept of the red-green idea.