PDA

View Full Version : Morning Pyramid

eomer
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Lightwave 3D and GIMP.

Lighting set up: 2 Area lights (Light one intensity: 170% Inverse distance. Light two intensity: 52.5%) Lightwave fog was used also (ctrl + F6), check on backdrop color. The car is an image on a polygon.

:)

colkai
09-15-2009, 02:34 AM
The scale seems off to me, either the pyramid is very small or that is one huge car. ;)

JohnMarchant
09-15-2009, 04:05 AM
As colkai said the scale seems off. Either smaller car or smaller bricks on pyramid. Also if you add more bricks jitter their spacing a bit there is alot of uniformity to the brick layers. Bring the camera closer to the ground to add some scale.

There are loads of shots of the pyramids in Giza, just google. Beware though the poly count will rise alot if you add more bricks

badpineapple
09-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I disagree. Maybe I’m being artsy-fartsy, but I love this image. Very surreal. It takes me to a superfuture when the pyramids have been overcome by the desert, and Giza is a junkyard. I especially like the slanted shape of the bricks – adds to the “out-of-place” feel of the scene. Very smart design. Like a Pink Floyd album cover (Google ‘Psygnosis’ and you’ll see what I mean).

Iain
09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I really like this one.

If it's the Giza pyramids, it's a very stylised version, as has already been said, but I don't mind that.

:thumbsup:

Matt
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I gotta admit, when I read the title of this thread, I was expecting an entirely different image! :D

Iain
09-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I gotta admit, when I read the title of this thread, I was expecting an entirely different image! :D

Isn't that a Wigwam? Same principle I suppose :hey:

bluerider
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM

That made me chuckle.

DrStrik9
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I like this image, scale of objects notwithstanding. It's very realistic looking to my eye, although obviously not shot in Egypt. :-)

bazsa73
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I personally like this kind of unbalanced feeling, everything is a bit off, but it works.
E.g. I can't tell the distance between the car and the pyramid, or if the car is also sank a bit into the sand, and the only hint at the perspective is the pyramid in the distance, and the whole image topples toward the left, as if the viewer was dizzy. Could work in a film I would say. Some tiny sand particles maybe in the air. The dunes are really nice.