PDA

View Full Version : Daktronics Scoreboard Plug In

invica
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I have a VT 5.2 system that I use with Jef's Scoreboard skins. I am looking to purchase the scoreboard plugin that communicates with the Daktronics scoreboards and more to automatically update time, score etc. I televise a lot of college football and Arena football and I want to know if anyone has purchased this and used it. Does it work, is it reliable and do you recommend it. It would allow my graphics person to focue more on other graphics for updating etc. Your input is greatly appreciated.

PIZAZZ
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I have a VT 5.2 system that I use with Jef's Scoreboard skins. I am looking to purchase the scoreboard plugin that communicates with the Daktronics scoreboards and more to automatically update time, score etc. I televise a lot of college football and Arena football and I want to know if anyone has purchased this and used it. Does it work, is it reliable and do you recommend it. It would allow my graphics person to focue more on other graphics for updating etc. Your input is greatly appreciated.

We have had good success with Datalink. As long as you can get the RS232 out of the Daktronics controller, and you understand database manipulation, you should be good to go. Let me know if I can help.

invica
09-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Have you had problems getting a RS232 out or is there typically a connection available. And how much database manipulation. If I set it up once for each scoreboard type, do I have to change much each time I go to a facility other than choosing the scoreboard type.