PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Questions

wtdedula
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Hello All;
I am considering Worley Labs FPrime. Anyone know if the current version will work with LW Core, or if it will currently only work with Version 9.? ? It seems extremly popular amongst professionals in the industry. Would it save me a significant amount of time in the rendering pipeline over LW's own built-in Renderer ?

Tim

hrgiger
09-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Fprime works with the latest 9.6 , although it still can't read a few of the nodes that involve pre-processing. There's been no word from Newtek or Worley on whether or not there will be an Fprime for CORE.

As far as rendering times, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Sometimes you'll find Fprime faster and sometimes the LW renderer faster, it just depends on your scene. Where Fprime excels is it's ability to give you instant feedback as you make changes to your scene. It's one of, if not the best previewers out on the market. Fprime has a great advantage also in that it lets you render a low quality preview and then you can continue rendering the same frames for a higher quality output.

wtdedula
09-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the helpful responses, hrgiger.

I checked and realized that Worley responded to my compatibility question after I posted my initial message and they said the same thing. Seeing that I am mostly a hobbyist, and Fprime would be a luxury rather than a urgent purchase, I'll wait a while to see if or how it supports Core before I make a purchase.

Thanks for your response on how FPrime helps you. That is most interesting and informative and definitely sounds good to me.

Tim